Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Characters & Underworld Figures

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Man of Harveys said:
Did Cannarian get Afters to tip for him and promise to pay him back later?

Doubt it. You know how TIGHT Afters is - especially when it comes to buying crates of champagne. Lance, on the other hand - what a gent. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard that Dave Day had handed over the running of his business to his son. Will have to ask him he sits in North Stand for every home game. Is he one of he men Harty mentioned last Sunday? Is he that wealthy, who knows?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bens Grandad said:
I heard that Dave Day had handed over the running of his business to his son. Will have to ask him he sits in North Stand for every home game. Is he one of he men Harty mentioned last Sunday? Is he that wealthy, who knows?

The Large One said:
Dave is actually SELLING his bars. He has sold both Ebony Room and Leo's Lounge recently, and Leo and Leone now run the show, albeit overseen by Dave and Annette.

Keep up.

Harty mentions loads of members of the Brighton business community to put serious amounts of dosh into the club, and to be fair many do.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I heard 'Banjo' moved out of the underworld as he was too highly strung. Could be wrong though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bry Nylon said:
I heard 'Banjo' moved out of the underworld as he was too highly strung. Could be wrong though.
"Bongo" keeps getting hit on, apparently. Unsavoury business.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
Dave is actually SELLING his bars. .

Not true.

He has just bought the lease of The Swan in Midhurst from Graham. That was when I was told that his son is now running the business, which is still in operation although he has sold SOME of his leases.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Man of Harveys said:
"Bongo" keeps getting hit on, apparently. Unsavoury business.

Bad news about 'Cymbal'. Terrible crash. :nono:

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bry Nylon said:
:guitar:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
desprateseagull said:
are the Mears family still around? the ones i knew of at school were a bit hard, and not to be messed with..
yes the family still at large with a rep,in fact one has just gone down,apparently for murder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here