Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Bus Strike Within 2 Weeks

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The shoddy and expensive service that is Brighton & Hove buses will be disrupted one day within the next 2 weeks as the drivers dont agree with their 4-8% pay rise and will go on strike.

Maybe if they could run their services on time, they would have a leg to stand on - SAKE!!

:rant:

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
You can't have used bus services in many other cities, surely. Brighton and Hove Buses is pretty good, in my opinion.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
You can't have used bus services in many other cities, surely. Brighton and Hove Buses is pretty good, in my opinion.

Indedpendant and do a good job.

Alot better than Stagecocach

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Some of the drivers are arseholes! Other than that I have no complaints. Will be funny to see Brighton "Bus Free" for a day though. North Street and Churchill Square will look completely different, and a lot less polluted.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Some of the drivers are arseholes! Other than that I have no complaints. Will be funny to see Brighton "Bus Free" for a day though. North Street and Churchill Square will look completely different, and a lot less polluted.

but it will be chocca with cars as all the people that are looking after their carbon footprint and trying to save the environment will be driving instead of taking the bus - WICKERD!!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
but it will be chocca with cars as all the people that are looking after their carbon footprint and trying to save the environment will be driving instead of taking the bus - WICKERD!!

I would like to think there will be a LARGE amount of people who are completely unaware of this strike, and therefore still turn up for their bus as usual. The image of HUNDREDS of Brightonians standing around checking their watch every few seconds at a bus stop near you, makes me laugh.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Brighton and Hove buses are very good.....expect for the miserable bus drivers, I have no idea why they go for the job working with members of the public. Also, I don't know if anyone else does, but I get the '2' regularly - most awful bus. Other than that, great :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brighton and Hove buses are very good.....expect for the miserable bus drivers, I have no idea why they go for the job working with members of the public. Also, I don't know if anyone else does, but I get the '2' regularly - most awful bus. Other than that, great :thumbsup:

My favourite is the 28/29 coming back into Brighton, never turns up within 10minutes of being on time :thumbsup:

Be glad you have a bus option.
One per hour to either Horsham or Guildford from here; return fare to Guildford (11miles) is about £6. Last buses also conveniently timed so you can't get home if you're commuting on from either town. If I used public transport to go the Withdean even on a Saturday afternoon then I'd be stranded in Horsham or face an 8 mile walk along the A281 deathtrap. Falmer will take an even longer.
Am still waiting for the free market to deliver.

My favourite is the 28/29 coming back into Brighton, never turns up within 10 minutes of being on time :thumbsup:
Until someone gets SERIOUS about providing bus priority measures that will improve the reliability of buses running through Ringmer and Uckfield and onwards into and through Lewes, the 28/29 will always run late. Don't blame the bus company.

And your earlier complaint abot B&H buses being expensive ... how do you work that out, with the fares between Lewes and wherever you want to go in Brighton now being less than half what they were ten or fifteen years ago?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Until someone gets SERIOUS about providing bus priority measures that will improve the reliability of buses running through Ringmer and Uckfield and onwards into and through Lewes, the 28/29 will always run late. Don't blame the bus company.

And your earlier complaint abot B&H buses being expensive ... how do you work that out, with the fares between Lewes and wherever you want to go in Brighton now being less than half what they were ten or fifteen years ago?

I know that getting to Lewes from the east is bad, but all the bus company need to do is change the regularity of the buses. They know they cannot deliver 4 buses an hourm, so why not only schedule 3, 1 every 20 mins, and they can run on time and not muck the public about.

It is £2 to get a single from Lewes to Brighton? I dont know? A single is £1.70, which I think it is expensive. They want people to stop using cars, so why make it expensive to use public transport. Like they dont want obesity running through the land, but its more expensive to buy a salad than a big mac and fries

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As Brett will know the 5 and 5A from Patcham to Brighton on Sat night is a JOKE. For the last 3 weeks the 7.30 bus has just never turned up so many people waited almost an hour for the bus.

Even the display says Bus due in 5,4,3,2 1 min and then vanishes with no bus. Try speaking to the driver and they give you lots of grief.

This sat I will be walking the 45 mins into town :)

It is £2 to get a single from Lewes to Brighton? I dont know? A single is £1.70, which I think it is expensive. They want people to stop using cars, so why make it expensive to use public transport. Like they dont want obesity running through the land, but its more expensive to buy a salad than a big mac and fries
I guess you're mainly a foul-weather bus user, what with all that BIKING you do. But if I lived in Brighton and travelled daily to and from Lewes, I would get a weekly SuperSAVER at £12 and have the complete freedom of the B&H network.

Or even a 3 month SuperSAVER at £10 a week.

I know that getting to Lewes from the east is bad, but all the bus company need to do is change the regularity of the buses. They know they cannot deliver 4 buses an hourm, so why not only schedule 3, 1 every 20 mins, and they can run on time and not muck the public about.
Which section of the public would you choose to muck about by doing that?

The people who want two buses an hour at Ringmer? Or the folk who want two buses an hour at Uckfield, Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells?

And how would your solution deal with the delays to buses caused by traffic in Uckfield or running into Lewes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here