Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Based Boxers

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Apart from eubanks are there any local boxers you have followed?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ben murphy from hove gave a great account of himself when challenging for the British light-welterweight championship at six days notice and fighting above his usual weight. His also been in prizefighter and is an all action brawler.

Also Scott welch back in the day was a leading heavyweight contender who holds a victory against an ageing joe bugner.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Ben murphy from hove gave a great account of himself when challenging for the British light-welterweight championship at six days notice and fighting above his usual weight. His also been in prizefighter and is an all action brawler.

Also Scott welch back in the day was a leading heavyweight contender who holds a victory against an ageing joe bugner.

Murphy was so close to winning that !!
Just gassed out a bit early

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Tommy Farr....google him,he was Welsh but lived in Brighton...Hove actually but ran a pub in Brighton...met him when I was just about 5 ...he had hands like a bunch of Bananas,lived in a flat above my aunty...by all accounts he took on the Brown Bomber Joe Louis and lost on a disputed points decision.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Anyone else remember Tom Kiely, a Heavyweight who had about 30 pro fights in the late 70's and early 80's ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Peter Eubank was reckoned to be a far better boxer than Chris but less "marketable" whatever the f*** that's supposed to mean?

Wasn't Alan Minter a creepy Crawley based boxer?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
John Paul Temple?, a bit of a journey man but a tough cookie, big heart, seen him box a few times.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yes, he fought some good heavies including Alfredo Evangelista and was a former Southern Area Champion

Do you also remember Billy Warner, another heavyweight from the same era? He joined Brighton police and became a high ranked detective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here