Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Bar in Tenerife??

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
Alright guys,

Jet off to Tenerife tomorrow and I have heard a rumour that apparantly there is a Brighton fan who owns a bar out there, the bar is all draped in Brighton colours etc, anyone heard of this and if so anyone been there?

cheers.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ah, thats what I like to see. British tourists sampling the local culture :lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Rangdo said:
Ah, thats what I like to see. British tourists sampling the local culture :lolol:

Tenerife hasn't got any culture its full of Burberry Boys trying to get laid !!!

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
Indeed!!! will probably spend most of my holiday there, watching sky sports and listening to the game via the internet!!!

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
There are lots of football bars in Tenerife, shorty, but I'm not aware of a Brighton bar in particular. Are you going to Puerto or Playas?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
There is a bar owned by an albion fan halfway between Los Christianos and Playa de las americas. Can't remember the name of it but he used to post on here I tihnk.

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
the 'classy Playas'!!

Just on the edge of it in fact, still at least im going to get some bloody sun out there! and in response to REDLAND, what is wrong with trying to get laid mate?!! I will put on a burberry hat if thats what it takes!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
There was a bar I came across much to my delight "The Marina Bar!"

As I walked in there were signed pictures, the balck "n" Red away stripes and many more!! however, I have heard he has sold it.

It WAS on the beach between Los Christianos and Las Americas as you walked along the beach! You could have a look, it ay still be there.

:wave:

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Hope you have a great time, shorty. I have only been to Playas once - great night life - but prefer the more sophisticated Puerto.:jester: :wave:

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
The Northstander said:
There was a bar I came across much to my delight "The Marina Bar!"

As I walked in there were signed pictures, the balck "n" Red away stripes and many more!! however, I have heard he has sold it.

It WAS on the beach between Los Christianos and Las Americas as you walked along the beach! You could have a look, it ay still be there.

:wave:

excellent, im sure I may stumble upon it if it is there! cheers guys.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And here's the Marina Tavern. It's not dead on the seafront itself, but maybe fifty metres up one of the roads off the seafront. If you get to the start of curving beach between the two resorts, walking from Playa de las Americas to Los Cristianos that's the beach it's nearest to if you're walking from Playa to Los Cristianos. Well worth a visit, Albion framed shirts on the wall and decent beer & food. SKY telly too.

marinasmall.jpg

Last edited:

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
Tom Hark said:
And here's the Marina Tavern. It's not dead on the seafront itself, but maybe fifty metres up one of the roads off the seafront. If you get to the start of curving beach between the two resorts, walking from Playa de las Americas to Los Cristianos that's the beach it's nearest to that bit of beach if you're walking from Playa to Los Cristianos. Well worth a visit, Albion framed shirts on the wall and decent beer & food. SKY telly too.

marinasmall.jpg

Great work my freind!!!! thanks for that, hopefully its still there, may try and find that out on the net now, top work fellas!

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
yeah cos im gonna work well hard knowing ive got holiday tomorrow, im not making you jealous am I keith?!!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
shorty said:
Great work my freind!!!! thanks for that, hopefully its still there, may try and find that out on the net now, top work fellas!
Excellent may go and have a look??????????? Will i get served.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yes! Go along in your new "Chrystal Palarse!" top!!

HAHAHA

:clap:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Sorry to disappoint, but I think that you'll find that it's no longer called the Marina and the shirts have gone. The owner apparently sold up and bought a bookies in Playa.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was down there back in March and it still existed. The owner told me that many Albion players had been in there - most recently Kerry Mayo. Bobby Zamora had also been a visitor and i think the majority of the double Championship winning squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here