Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton and hove parking fine

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Parked in Queen’s Park today and attempted to pay via the app but got declined across Apple Pay and various debit/credit card. Gent in front of me and lady behind reported similar issues. We tried calling the number to make payment but were advised the system is down.

Left a polite note on dash and went to office where I attempted to make full payment throughout the day with same result.

Arrived back to car with a nice £70 fine slapped on the windscreen.

The pcn actually has photo evidence of the note I left.

Got all my screenshots and challenged straight away but what a waste of everyone’s time.

Cuntbags!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
And you'll have to challenge again at NTO stage because the first appeal is invariably rejected by the third party issuers themselves. Only at second stage appeal (when the discount is no longer on offer, of course) does it get looked at by anyone at the Council.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
And you'll have to challenge again at NTO stage because the first appeal is invariably rejected by the third party issuers themselves. Only at second stage appeal (when the discount is no longer on offer, of course) does it get looked at by anyone at the Council.
Honestly what an absolute shitshow

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The ticket guy would have 0 power, so unless told otherwise, he has to issue the ticket. Taking a picture of your note was probably making a lot easier for you to appeal it.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Modern parking rules really give you a feeling that someone/corporations are looking for ways to catch you out.

It leaves a proper sour feeling in me
Agreed. It's about generating/clawing back income. If it was about safety or providing a service, it would surely be so much easier to explain matters and get fines cancelled. You would be listened to rather than being stonewalled.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Don't suppose you got a screen shot of error message when trying to pay online?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Around 11.00am the system wasn't taking any payments online.

I had two hours free parking at Hove Town Hall.

100% certain you will win any appeal.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Parked in Queen’s Park today and attempted to pay via the app but got declined across Apple Pay and various debit/credit card. Gent in front of me and lady behind reported similar issues. We tried calling the number to make payment but were advised the system is down.

Left a polite note on dash and went to office where I attempted to make full payment throughout the day with same result.

Arrived back to car with a nice £70 fine slapped on the windscreen.

The pcn actually has photo evidence of the note I left.

Got all my screenshots and challenged straight away but what a waste of everyone’s time.

Cuntbags!
Same happened to me, around 11:30 this morning, must have been an issue with the Pay by phone system...all attempts to pay were declined..bastards!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Same happened to me in poets corner, 2 cards declined on the app, machine didn't work, text message declined, phoned the number, 10mins putting details in to be declined again!
Customer had a visitor permit the whole time!!! 😤😡😠🤬

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh for the good old days of parking meters that took coins, and showed your remaining time at the top of the meter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here