Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion versus Carlisle United - Official Match Thread

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Its a beauiful day, lets play some beautiful football to match and thrash them 3 nil, a crowd of around 7000 will go home happy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The asterisks helps the match thread stick out, without them this thread blends in and becomes less important.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:clap2:
Its a beauiful day, lets play some beautiful football to match and thrash them 3 nil, a crowd of around 7000 will go home happy.

Couldn't have put it better myself - COME ON YOU SUPER SEAGULLS!!!

Today is MASSIVE if we win - we'll pretty much assure survival

:falmer::falmer::falmer:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The asterisks helps the match thread stick out, without them this thread blends in and becomes less important.

Exactly, theres a reason they are there, it draws attention to the thread.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
gutted cant make today,moving my niece,but im going large on a bha win,3-1

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Can't make it today - on a stag do. Enjoy the lovely weather, heres to three well-earned points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:clap2:

Couldn't have put it better myself - COME ON YOU SUPER SEAGULLS!!!

Today is MASSIVE if we win - we'll pretty much assure survival

:falmer::falmer::falmer:

Poyet doesnt entirely agree.

In the article about players contracts he says that a good result Saturday and Tuesday will enable him to talk to the players after Tuesday about contracts as he has already agreed with TB who is to be offered a new contract. Could be that he wants the players to stay focused until after Tuesday to be certain but I agree with you a win against Carlisle will suffice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we should wait till we are definitely safe before any decisions are made.......

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My first ever Brighton match was against Carlisle in '85. We won 6-1. Would settle for the same result today!

I remember that game, we were 2-0 up at half-time and I couldn't believe that Carlisle could come out in the second half and play worse than they had before the break...despite getting one back they were indeed far worse and were lucky not to lose by a cricket score.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Poyet doesnt entirely agree.

In the article about players contracts he says that a good result Saturday and Tuesday will enable him to talk to the players after Tuesday about contracts as he has already agreed with TB who is to be offered a new contract. Could be that he wants the players to stay focused until after Tuesday to be certain but I agree with you a win against Carlisle will suffice.

The way I read it, it was we'd be safe after saturday's games, but that leaves only Sunday (player's day off after the game?) monday and tuesday (preparing for tusday's game) to sort out contract and is more about time in which the meetings with players can take place than it is about how safe he feels on 50 points.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
5-0. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here