Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Q.P.R ****Official Match Thread****

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Do you prefer The Invisible Man?

Not really, no as he's not invisible for starters. Formally Lopez or if you prefer, informally Spanish Dave. Pantomime names are y'know for kids.

Ulloa is slow too, why don't you call him Sloulloa? Lopez isn't on the pitch for his pace so I find it a little odd making a point about it.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Not really, no as he's not invisible for starters. Formally Lopez or if you prefer, informally Spanish Dave. Pantomime names are y'know for kids.

Ulloa is slow too, why don't you call him Sloulloa? Lopez isn't on the pitch for his pace so I find it a little odd making a point about it.

Could we call Upson "Upthepitchson", because he.....goes up the pitch sometimes? I'm sure we can come up with some more great nicknames for our superb Brighton Albion team?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Buckley and Kaz need to start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have I really done 9 this season? Blimey, my record isn't as good as last year.
If you find the time, could you get my stats from last season. If it helps, my 1st match thread was the 1-0 victory over Hull :)

That may take some time, this season I decided to also copy links to the official match thread, I'd have to spend time searching for the match threads for last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

So Spanish Dave (a nickname) is OK, but Slopez (points out one of his oh too obvious shortcomings) isn't? Hmmm.

The Invisible Man also has meaning in that he goes missing for about 99% of the time he is on the pitch in about 95% of his games.

Ulloa is slow, but effective, and the best striker we have. The nickname you suggest doesn't really work either.

Lopez is just, well, slow. Once in a blue moon, he changes the game, with his eye for a pass, or a great set piece. Unfortunately, all too infrequent. I'd say in about 3 or 4 games this season. Technically gifted. Contributes very little.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Where's the full stop after the "R" of QPR? Plus, as HKFC correctly points out, you're mixing up full names and shortened names. Why the spaces after the colons? Why the hyphens after the colons?? Why no space after "officials" and before the hyphen? What are those umbrella-y mushroom things on the badges? The roles of Steve Child and John Flynn are unclear - they should be marked as linesmen. "Fourth official" could have a colon after it. Full stop required after "M" of PM.

"Will Q.P.R carry on were they left off" - hmmm. Use of capital letter halfway through a sentence, "where" instead of "were". Sentences should end with a full stop. Same goes for your last sentence too. Again, full stop needed after the "R" of QPR.

"a disappointing recent results against play off rivals Reading & Wigan" - dear dear: I'd hyphenate the adjectival use of "play off". I'd certainly not pair off a singular indefinite article with a plural noun, and your ampersand is inconsistently applied - cf "Brighton and Hove Albion" (my bold) above.

I like the idea of throwing questions around rather than giving us too many facts - it's right that we should go into a match in an interrogative state of mind. 8.9 out of 10.0. I'm confident.

Ha ha, excellent analysis.
But we're still wine

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
That may take some time, this season I decided to also copy links to the official match thread, I'd have to spend time searching for the match threads for last season.

Can we also have a table for the whole of this season? I'd like to see which threadstarter is top of the table (perhaps based on average points per game?) - and then nominate them to start the next game's thread. I feel this is the way forward, rather than this tika taka approach we currently employ: we need to hoof the thread forward to the big fella up front.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Terrible thread.... just about everything wrong with it... However I'm with Goldstone1976 on this one...

Oi, you lot, leave RowleyBirkin alone. He can do no wrong when it comes to the official matchday thread as far as I'm concerned.

I predict a comfortable 2-0.

Because:
a) it's a Rowley thread
b) it's about bloody time we had a 2-0

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
The refs not great, mainly does lower league games. Although he does play advantage and let the game flow. Will give QPR a fair ride, as he is not a homer.

OMG!!!! Just seen that you have the dreaded Bobby Madley tonight - has reffed us twice this season and has been appalling both times.

Sent Derby's Chris Martin off for diving last week - wrong decision but Martin should have gone earlier after elbowing Shackell in the face.

Against West Ham in the Capital Cup, we were all over them until he gave two very dubious penalties in the last 10 mins and sent Keith Treacy off. Lost 2-0 (our only home defeat of season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here