Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Peterborough

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not so... Boyd is class but he's had a special game even by his standards. Plus we have played worse than this and won. Mid-table methinks. Posh are genuine promotion contenders.

about sums it up.
we will be okay by season's end but need more strength in depth (especially wide at the back) and time to gel if we are to challenge next year.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
about sums it up.
we will be okay by season's end but need more strength in depth (especially wide at the back) and time to gel if we are to challenge next year.

Nothing wrong with strength in depth, but players need to gel and have games (we have not played for ages). Not to worried though but we need a result v Carlisle!!!!

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Good luck Posh, wishing all the best and hopefully promotion:thumbsup:
Cheers Falmer, either Leicester or the Mongs will have to blow up or we'll be sweating via the play-offs.

I'm never confident of getting a result in Brighton. When I were a lad Brighton dished out a 5-0 hammering to Posh at the Goldstone - it was the biggest defeat I'd ever endured and it's left its mark :lol:

Please send the Wobblers down.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Urghh... What a horrible second half!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Could no one take it upon themselves to break Boyds legs (or at least put in a challenge on him) that might of stopped him poncing about. Pathetic decision from the ref for the pen.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
AT LAST....El-Abd and Virgo swap.

The very first thing El Abd did when moving to right back, was watch Elphick and Hinshelwood step up........so he stepped back...and played Peterborough onside for the fourth goal.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Just seen highlights, never seemed a pen.

And I know that it was only highlights but it seemed Sullivans fault for some of the goals, could I have been mislead?

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Virgo was exceptionally poor again tonight which is a shame because I think everyone wants him to do well, but he's never managed to settle in a position this season. Hinshelwood looked shaky again.

I thought Elphick and McNulty were good, especially considering they were up against probably the second best front 3 in the league.

El Abd was OK, but we always needed a fourth midfielder I felt. Should have been moved to RB earlier. I also think that although now we do have what seems to be four quality strikers, that's all well and good, but Adams has to make the choice and play two of them. None of them will be effective or creative on the wing.

Adams also needed to make subs a lot earlier than he did. When it was at 2-2 the game was slowing down and becoming scrappy. We needed to change it but we didn't and they got a (dodgy) penalty.

Decent performance though and if we play like that on Saturday we should comfortably beat Carlisle.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sadly familiar story in that the opposition spend half time adjusting to our tactics and working out how to counter them.

Seb had a great 1st half and their defence was caught short having to cope with him, hence more room for the big lads. 2nd half they cut off Seb and that cut off crosses to our forwards who were then left with the hopefull punts forward, food & drink to any defender.

They also sussed, like every other team, that our defence cannot defend.

But most of all, they know we have no 'plan B'. We played bloody well in the 1st half, they adjusted to counter that but we could not come up with anything new. A caller on the phone-in suggested mc Loed for Forster then Seb on the right, sounded good idea.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sadly familiar story in that the opposition spend half time adjusting to our tactics and working out how to counter them.

Seb had a great 1st half and their defence was caught short having to cope with him, hence more room for the big lads. 2nd half they cut off Seb and that cut off crosses to our forwards who were then left with the hopefull punts forward, food & drink to any defender.

They also sussed, like every other team, that our defence cannot defend.

But most of all, they know we have no 'plan B'. We played bloody well in the 1st half, they adjusted to counter that but we could not come up with anything new. A caller on the phone-in suggested mc Loed for Forster then Seb on the right, sounded good idea.

Could not have put it better myself!

:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

. We played bloody well in the 1st half, they adjusted to counter that but we could not come up with anything new. A caller on the phone-in suggested mc Loed for Forster then Seb on the right, sounded good idea.

Sadly the halftime sort out is becoming more obvious as the weeks go by, it is as if our management team are not watching the opposition and do not expect them to change things.

Possibly me as I suggested about McLeod as we were not getting any crosses into the box for Davies and Andrew to attack and Forster was completly wasted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here