Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Ipswich Town ****Official Match Thread****

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
A touch unnecessary, you could have posted the badges on the other thread.
Sorry BBBW but Rowleys on a roll, Rowley, your job is to keep on with the official thread until or if we come unstuck, and i don't think we will all the time you do the thread so carry on mate.SEAGULLS.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
give the tractors a twonging please.........5-0, 6-0 something like that....!!

One thing Mick has managed is to stop hammerings like 5 or 6-0. Expect a tough game. Town can't afford to lose and I predict it will not be pretty. With McGoldrick still out the odds are in Brighton's favour, not to mention home advantage..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are all pivotal but this game is extra pivotal.

We've got most of the players fit, its a sell out (ish) crowd, expectations are high for a win, we're in great form, Ipswich are a bit meh.....it can only mean one thing.

Were loose.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One thing Mick has managed is to stop hammerings like 5 or 6-0. Expect a tough game. Town can't afford to lose and I predict it will not be pretty. With McGoldrick still out the odds are in Brighton's favour, not to mention home advantage..

Home advantage has not been our greatest ally this season.
Still 2-1 to us in a tense, scrappy, encounter.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I'm sorry my friend, must admit I was emboldened by a few beverages.
I know I have no right to start match threads but I've done the last 2 which most people thought we'd lose and I just wanted to keep a run going.
Once again apologies

No need for any apology Rowley, we are all friends here :)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Rowley, I don't know where to start. The issue with the colons followed by the hyphens - well, I'll just have to accept that as your "house style". I don't like it, but I'll accept it. You've put a big V in where common practice is a small one or even a "vs". To my mind, the capital V detracts from the primary status of the club names but, well, a ciascuno il suo. Many issues carried over from last time: no full stop after "m" of "p.m.", space required between "Referee" and hyphen, absence of identification of linesmen as linesmen, no punctuation after "Fourth Official" - such inconsistency chills the soul. I would hyphenate "play off". The 2 + goals sentence is cumbersome. Usage of new paragraphs seems slightly scattershot. New sentences should begin with CAPITAL LETTERS. You also need to punctuate the end of a sentence. Your clause "I wanted to continue my roll" uses unfortunate imagery, conjuring pictures of an improvised late night snack, although it is not grammatically or syntactically incorrect. Ah, the consultant is now ready to see me. Excellent. In conclusion, 8.7/10.0: a job well done, 2-0 surely now in the bag. Many thanks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Two threads, inconsistent grammar, rowley's recent good form (though still lower-mid table on the thread starter chart), capital Vs, three stars v four, and v ampersand, it's all irrelevant today. My friend who has never watched brighton win is coming today. We will lose.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Rowley, I don't know where to start. The issue with the colons followed by the hyphens - well, I'll just have to accept that as your "house style". I don't like it, but I'll accept it. You've put a big V in where common practice is a small one or even a "vs". To my mind, the capital V detracts from the primary status of the club names but, well, a ciascuno il suo. Many issues carried over from last time: no full stop after "m" of "p.m.", space required between "Referee" and hyphen, absence of identification of linesmen as linesmen, no punctuation after "Fourth Official" - such inconsistency chills the soul. I would hyphenate "play off". The 2 + goals sentence is cumbersome. Usage of new paragraphs seems slightly scattershot. New sentences should begin with CAPITAL LETTERS. You also need to punctuate the end of a sentence. Your clause "I wanted to continue my roll" uses unfortunate imagery, conjuring pictures of an improvised late night snack, although it is not grammatically or syntactically incorrect. Ah, the consultant is now ready to see me. Excellent. In conclusion, 8.7/10.0: a job well done, 2-0 surely now in the bag. Many thanks.

Ha ha, marvellous scenes, I must admit spelling and punctuation were never my strong point :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8&sns=em

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

When did Ipswich pick up Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, whose name I noticed in predicted line ups this morning?

I accept that McGoldrick is a loss, but with SEB, Murphy & I guess Franck Nouble, they're not exactly down to Forest/QPR levels of striker-poverty :wink:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Two threads, inconsistent grammar, rowley's recent good form (though still lower-mid table on the thread starter chart), capital Vs, three stars v four, and v ampersand, it's all irrelevant today. My friend who has never watched brighton win is coming today. We will lose.

There are so many factors coming together today - it's almost as if there's a little uncertainty over today's result. We're going to just have to see how this goes. I have two of my children's birthday party to go to. Haven't yet definitively decided on how this could impact today's game - again, some conflicting signals...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Couple of quid on Upson first goal scorer at 33/1! Hopefully we get plenty of corners... If he plays that is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here