Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton And Hove Albion U23 v Arsenal U23 Amex Elite Performance Center 19.00 Tonight PL2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was my internet but have spoken to Vodafone who say that I am at the best possible speed which is more than capable of streaming. I have since ordered an internet booster which should have arrived today but the tracking says 16th Dec. I need it for Now TV on Monday.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My stream was perfect, really enjoyed that.

Surely can’t be long before Richards is making the first team matchday squad, he’s definitely got something about him, very exciting.
I sometimes wonder if his decision to move from Man. City to lil' ole Brighton was based on a belief he'd pretty soon walk into the first team here. Definitely has talent, but he's not as good as all that - not yet anyway; gives the ball away quite a lot, and tries to hold on to it to long - so needs to work on his decision making at least. Probably needs a loan to The Championship - whether for the coming half season or the whole of next I don't know - but not ready for the first team soon, IMHO.

Wonder how he'll feel about being loaned out though................................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good result in difficult conditions.Arsenal seemed very over-physical until the ref rightly sent off their captain,stroppy git.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought that it was my internet but have spoken to Vodafone who say that I am at the best possible speed which is more than capable of streaming. I have since ordered an internet booster which should have arrived today but the tracking says 16th Dec. I need it for Now TV on Monday.

you should be able to measure your own speed using something like...https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/ . If you are on vodaphone then that's basically BTand depending on your package you should be getting something like 46meg per sec download which should be more than enough as long as no one else is doing a lot of downloading at same time. this speed is at your router AND IF you are using wifi then it will be subject to any local factors that might constrain signal within your house. Are you trying to view a 4k quality stream?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
just seen your download speed. is that WIFI or to a computer linked to router via an ethernet cable.

eitherway reboot the router and measure it again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
just seen your download speed. is that WIFI or to a computer linked to router via an ethernet cable.

eitherway reboot the router and measure it again.

That is my wifi, so will reboot the router in the morning as the grandchildren are in bed at the moment. If I test it sitting by the router will it show better? Would it be better if I connected the laptop with an ethernet cable rather than wireless?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That is my wifi, so will reboot the router in the morning as the grandchildren are in bed at the moment. If I test it sitting by the router will it show better? Would it be better if I connected the laptop with an ethernet cable rather than wireless?

there are people more in the know on here but wifi can be subject to interference and whilst proximity helps, it might not solve some problems. A cable should give better speed tho there might be some drop off if the cable was long say 10 metres.Like all problems you need to be able to break it into chunks. The cable is more simple than wifi so often a good place to start. i know rebooting will be laughed at in some quarters but it solved my router problem a few months back tho the long-term resolution was to get a new router. I jumped 4 generations of BT Router in one go and it has been brilliantly stable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have rebooted the router and the results are:

Pre Reboot

Lounge (Wifi) up 5.79mb/s Download 3.54mb/s
Bedroom (by Router upload 8.49 mb/s download 5.16mb/s

After Rebooot

Lounge up 3.19mb/s down 2.74 mb/s
Bedroom up 6.17 mb/s down 5.07 mb/s

So rebooting has had no affect when I have contacted Vodafone previously they said my speed was 47mb/s from their tests. I think that I need to contact them again with trhese figures to see what they say.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Pre Reboot

After Rebooot

So rebooting has had no affect when I have contacted Vodafone previously they said my speed was 47mb/s from their tests. I think that I need to contact them again with trhese figures to see what they say.

I think it’s u fair to say rebooting has had no effect...it’s definitely worse :D

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Pre Reboot

After Rebooot

Very unusual to see more upload bandwidth vs. download. Normally upload sync speeds are throttled by service providers. Your internet is extremely poor for this day and age.

You mention the router is upstairs, I doubt that is your master socket. The router should only be connected to the single master socket in your house, it may be worth renewing to current revision and to clean up old connections.

Test with ethernet cable to eliminate poor WiFi.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
there are people more in the know on here but wifi can be subject to interference and whilst proximity helps, it might not solve some problems. A cable should give better speed tho there might be some drop off if the cable was long say 10 metres.Like all problems you need to be able to break it into chunks. The cable is more simple than wifi so often a good place to start. i know rebooting will be laughed at in some quarters but it solved my router problem a few months back tho the long-term resolution was to get a new router. I jumped 4 generations of BT Router in one go and it has been brilliantly stable.

An ethernet cable isn't significantly affected by distance unless the distance it's running is over 100 meters, but that isn't going to be an issue for most households. A wired connection is better than a wireless one, as there is no interference from other devices and building structure/layout.

Pre Reboot

After Rebooot

Those speeds sound awful, I would recommend trying with the laptop connected via an ethernet cable and turn off the wireless function on the laptop for the duration of the test to be certain it is using the cable. If the speeds are significantly higher it points to interference from other devices within your household or the router is shit and just not cable of delivering decent wi-fi speeds over longer distances. If the speeds are the same then I'd suggest phoning Vodafone to complain.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Meanwhile back on planet earth ..............

A second half strike from Peter Gwargis was the difference between the two sides on the south coast, and the coach praised the application and work of his players following the impressive success over the Gunners this evening.

He said, “I think the first half was a good game of football against a very good side who had players who’ve been around the Arsenal first-team setup.

“We knew it would be tough but we more than matched them in every aspect of the game - credit has to go to the players because their work rate was very good and we had lots of quality about us.

“We wanted to be disciplined, tight and press at the right times, we did that well. The only disappointing thing was not making more of the opportunities that we created.

“But overall it’s a really good result and we can be happy with a number of aspects from the performance.”

Rusk was also keen to highlight the youthfulness of the group he currently has at his disposal, and gave them plaudits for the results during the past few days.

Gwargis was also on the scoresheet on Monday evening during a hard-fought 1-1 draw with Wolves, and the boss reflected on a successful week.

“The group is young this year and I’d say we’ve evolved,” he continued.

“We have a lot of the under-18 group coming through and we’re considerably younger in general than we have been in recent times, but that’s a good thing.

“The challenge will always be keeping an element of consistency so that the boys can continue to form relationships on the pitch, but we’re never going to have a settled side completely because of how the age group works.

“But I have to give credit to the players who have come in and it’s created really good competition. It’s been a good week, we’ve had some difficult games recently and to bounce back with Monday night and then this evening is something we have to be really happy with.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here