Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FCv Leyton Orient FC ** Johnstones paint trophy***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We could cross all day but lack the killer instinct in the box.

Was Holroyd on the bench today ?

If he was he really is going nowhere if Baz and Hart were on as subs and new forward has joined.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
No intention of winning it at all. Went 2-0 down and Murray and Barnes come off ? Nice one. Waste of a f***ing 5er.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It was clear from Gus' pre-match interview that he wasn't interested in the piss pot paint trophy so tonight's result shouldn't have been too surprising. The players are hardly likely to put themselves out and play to their best when the manager clearly doesn't give a toss about the trophy. I wish I hadn't wasted £12 and 3 hours of my life on that shite.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It was clear from Gus' pre-match interview that he wasn't interested in the piss pot paint trophy so tonight's result shouldn't have been too surprising. The players are hardly likely to put themselves out and play to their best when the manager clearly doesn't give a toss about the trophy.

spot on - chasing the game with baz, smith and hart as strikers made it evident

the players and management clearly couldnt be f***ed with tonight. wish i had have taken a leaf out of their book - either that or wished that gus had have come out with his "i dont give a f*** about this game" statement before i had bought a ticket

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Clearly because Gus is not bothered about the JPT and does not want Murray to be injured or sent off. I can't believe anyone is that bothered about the tournament when Gus said he thinks it should be got rid of.

Makes ya wonder why we all went?

:lolol::lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Clearly because Gus is not bothered about the JPT and does not want Murray to be injured or sent off. I can't believe anyone is that bothered about the tournament when Gus said he thinks it should be got rid of.

because some of us were stupid enough to buy tickets and expect at least a little bit for our money?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets be honest. Orients season hinges on a cup run or two. They aint goin up nor are they probably going down. Hence they will be DELIGHTED and as people have said they seemed more "up" for it.

On the other hand its quite clear that Gus priority is a play off spot or better.

If we were in Orients position then I would be pissed off we lost, but we have a very good chance of promotion this season so lets just get it out the way.

I would take losing to Hartlepool in the 1st round of the cup at Withers 4- 0 if you could guarantee me a play off spot right now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
because some of us were stupid enough to buy tickets and expect at least a little bit for our money?

I didn't go but if I lived in Brighton I might have gone. I did go to Northampton though but was more bothered about the loss of Navarro and Sparrow than the result. As far as I am concerned we got through the night without injuries or suspensions, which was the main thing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and as soon as we missed the pen then you knew it was game over really so bring off Murray etc and give others a run out why not?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is out of order to adopt the "can't be arsed" approach when people are paying good money to watch it.

Managers shouldn't be able to pick and choose the games that they try and win, they should always try to win.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't go but if I lived in Brighton I might have gone. I did go to Northampton though but was more bothered about the loss of Navarro and Sparrow than the result. As far as I am concerned we got through the night without injuries or suspensions, which was the main thing.

lack of suspensions and injuries was obviously a positive, and i really wouldnt have cared if gus had have turned round AFTER we lost and said "the league is our priority, there is no point to this tournament", but to do it before the game devalues the match totally and is a bit of an insult to all those people who bought tickets and were at least expecting us to look like we cared

It was truly dire and I am chuffed to say that it will be the last JPT game at the Wihtdean!
Hallelujah to that. After tonight I shall not bother parting with my £10 ever again for a paint pot game. They are always shit (apart from Luton away) and £10 is probably a tad on the expensive side for what I witnessed.

Anyway I cannot moan as I wanted us out of it anyway, I hope Orient/Russ go onto win it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I sincerely hope the JPT never has the honour of gracing Falmer. Get it as far away from me as possible. Awful competition, shown by appalling attendances. Lets pray its our last game in it for a long, long while.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I sincerely hope the JPT never has the honour of gracing Falmer. Get it as far away from me as possible. Awful competition, shown by appalling attendances. Lets pray its our last game in it for a long, long while.

im pretty confident that, unfortunately, we will be seeing it at falmer next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here