Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion - End of season player ratings

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In fairness, his long balls have been ropey as hell... Fortunately, its not in his role to kick long often.

It's the way he is instructed to play, looks like he is always trying to drop the ball on a Brighton players head - but obviously doesn't always come off.

Much better than blindly kicking the ball up Kuipers style, waiting for an opposing defender to head it back down the pitch.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Can't be bothered to do all the squad but i'll do XI

Ankergren- 8. Fairly good most of the season, sometimes a bit too slow which can annoy me. Good with his feet and has not made many mistakes.

Calderon- 9. Quality player that will really suit the Champoinship, brilliant at attacking and captined the side well when called upon. Would have had a 10 if he got back quicker a few more times.

Greer- 8.5 Rock at the back and good signing. The right man to captain the side after Crofts left. Sometimes a bit slow and gives away the ball in a bad area but still fairly relyable.

El-Abd- 9.5 Best season at the Albion. Strong, relyable and very brave in the tacle. Enjoy watching him pass it around with Ankergren and best player defensivly for me.

Painter- 8.5. Some of his works been has gone un noted but he's been good defensivly and done well getting forward and getting a decent cross in. I think he'll be alright in the championship.

Bennett- 9. Had a great season, scored a few crackers and been very good at providing assists. Sometimes been a bit too optimistic and had a bad delivery from corners but 90% of the time hits the spot.

Dicker- 8.5 Been creative with his passing and strong defensivly. Sometime tries to overcomplicate things and gets himself into trouble. Think he is one of our most gifted players technically and will suit playing in the Championship.

Bridcutt- 9. Didn't rate him much in the first half of the season but alone for the second he would be a defenate 10. Watford was probably the first game i saw him and was seriously impressed. Aslo very impressed with the amount that he wins in the air for his size and he's also come up with a couple of very important goals.

Noone- 8. Didn't know much about him when he was at Plymouth but think he's been alright. Very confident with running at player and given Murray a couple of easy goals with perfect crosses. Needs to pass a bit more and not take on the defender all the time.

Murray- 10. Stand out player for me this season. Excellent in the air, he somehow seems to just hang there. Also proven he can get 20+ goals a season. Really hope we can hold on to him for the championship.

Barnes- 8.5 Well prefer him to Wood and even with Murray free scoring he's managed to find a lot of goals. Think we should try and keep him for the Championship but should start on the bench.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker79

No disrespect but where do these figures come from ?

The player rating threads on here.

I take the ratings everyone gives, and average them out to give them a match rating. I then average out the match ratings.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ankergren- sometimes a bit too slow which can annoy me.
When will people understand that this is a deliberate tactic to frustrate our opponents and has probably won us many points this season. It doesn't annoy me at all - love seeing opposition get wound up by it.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
When will people understand that this is a deliberate tactic to frustrate our opponents and has probably won us many points this season. It doesn't annoy me at all - love seeing opposition get wound up by it.

Don't mean when the ball is in play. Sometimes if we are drawing and it goes out for a goal kick he still takes his time, doesn't show enough ergency, just saying like :shrug:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The current average (league) match NSC rating for players:

Ankergren 6.51
Calderon 6.40
El Abd 6.93
Painter 6.70
Greer 6.77
Elphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Kishishev 6.80
Sparrow 6.04
Dicker 6.58
Bridcutt 6.97
Smith 6.51
Battipiedi 5.89
Wood 6.35
Murray 7.40
Barnes 6.34
Dunk 7.41
Baz 6.74
Hart 5.50
Sandaza 5.78
Navarro 7.00
Lualua 7.23
Holroyd 5.62
Taricco 6.10
Noone 6.52
Interesting.... very very interesting:bowdown::ohmy:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The thing which worries me is the short passing bit within our penalty area which on numerous occasions has ended up with a final touch which has proved too close for comfort with an opposing forward bearing down and NO cover on the goal.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
casper 8
calderon 8.5
tarrico 6.5
painter 8
el abd 9
greer 9
elphick 7
dicker 7.5
bridcott 9
bennett 9
lua lua 8
noone 7.5
sparrow 6.5
baz 5.5
batti 4
kish 7.5
murrary 9
barnes 8
wood 7
fran 6
brez 6
hart 5

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just updated them for another thread:

Up to Saturday (am giving everyone a chance to contribute to today's game ratings before adding it in, and oldham away didn't get rated by anyone), the current ratings are:

7.50 Murray (41 appearances)
7.23 Lualua (11 apps)
7.14 Bridcutt (33 apps)
7.06 Bennett (42 apps)
7.00 El Abd (36 apps)
6.97 Elphick (23 apps)
6.94 Dunk (3 apps)
6.92 Noone (19 apps)
6.92 Kishishev (31 apps)
6.82 Greer (29 apps)
6.81 Painter (42 apps)
6.74 Taricco (4 apps)
6.74 Baz (7 apps)
6.73 Ankergren (42 apps)
6.63 Dicker (42 apps)
6.61 Calderon (39 apps)
6.51 Smith (8 apps)
6.41 Barnes (37 apps)
6.32 Wood (25 apps)
6.24 Sparrow (24 apps)
5.89 Battipiedi (8 apps)
5.62 Holroyd (3 apps)
5.56 Navarro (2 apps)
5.50 Hart (2 apps)
5.47 Sandaza (15 apps)

It should be noted that there is a degree of unreliability with these:
-They can be quite swayed by bias both in the form of higher when we win and lower when we lose, regardless of performances,
-and in the sense that there are people who allow personal preference to interfere with their votes, they rate a favourite player's "average" performance higher than their lesser favoured players "great" performances.
-Not to mention, they are voted for by anyone who contributes, without any balance given to the more measured, or those people who are more knowledgeable.
-Some people give votes to sub, others not, some depending on how long they are on the pitch
-one person's 5 is another's 6.5 etc.

I hope averaging them out reduces some of these biases, but can't guarantee anything, I've only used simply calculations.

The season averages are achieved by:
Averaging (mean) the ratings for each player in each match to get an average match rating
Then averaging out all the match ratings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here