Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 18500 season tickets Leeds 11000

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Your view of three years time is different to mine. But we shall see and cant ask fairer than the reply to the challenge to bounce. For me, a club that got 30000 crowds in the lower league and has survived playing 140 mile round trip away has some kind of potential. Leeds are of course a big club needless to say but their crowds were less than Norwich when in the third tier.

Norwich basically gave ST's away that season. I think they had 28,000 or something stupid.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's a bit irrelevant really, isn't it? Bates wouldn't pay the compo required and even if he did Poyet wouldn't go there as he hates him. Oh, and Leeds are a much bigger side. If it wasn't for the first two points he would go.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've kept an eye on attendances and averages this season and I think Leeds are about 6,000 average down on last season so far.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
.. plus Brighton expansion next season. Poyet to Leeds ? Would that be a backward step for him?

no

is it any wonder Palace fans laugh at some of the comments on here
sensible Brighton fans must be embarassed to read things like this
we find it very amusing on the bbs

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Leeds are not as big as people think and to be frank they have more plastic fans than most clubs.They don't get the biggest crowds in this league and they are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the country,what huge clubs get 22kish in the 2nd tier?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The future of Leeds is difficult to gauge. All the time Bates is in charge, there are going to be fans that stay away due to principle and prices. They are undoubtedly a much better prospect than Brighton in the long run.

As soon as the Grinch, disguised as Father Christmas, moves on then they will return to the top flight where they belong*.

*Assuming they find a friendly buyer

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leeds are not as big as people think and to be frank they have more plastic fans than most clubs.They don't get the biggest crowds in this league and they are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the country,what huge clubs get 22kish in the 2nd tier?

The fans seem pretty disaffected at the moment. They have been lied to from day one since Master Bates took over. Prices are sky high and he is protecting his 'investment' by changing Elland Rd into some sort of consumer paradise.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
no

is it any wonder Palace fans laugh at some of the comments on here
sensible Brighton fans must be embarassed to read things like this
we find it very amusing on the bbs

This.

All very cringewrothy, and a palace fan has to point it out too, which doesnt help matters.

Think im gonna go back to only reading NSC when the transfer window is open as I think I can live without the "some of our fans dont sing/we're a bigger club than/the travel is a joke/Azure are a disgraced threads.

At least the Michael Owen threads allowed me to dream.......

Maybe some of our fans would do well to remember that we didnt exactly sell out the withdean on a regular basis after the first few seasons. Wasnt sold out too often last season and we won the league.

but we are a bigger club than palace and our pies are better ;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I heard Spurs have only got 18,000 STHs, so we're bigger than them too. The fact that Leeds have the 4th highest number of members to affiliated supporter groups in the country, and the fact that Spuz have sold out their 36,500 seat stadium for every league game in the last 15 years obviously count for jack shit. We're bigger than both of them.

Or perhaps not. For FUCKS sake. :nono:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why don't you wait until you've established yourselves in this league before making deluded statements like this, arrogance beyond belief.

You are like a broken record mate. 'Arrogance this, arrogance that'. We get the message. Now go away.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes this thread is a little silly and i don't agree with the premise but what is the problem with some of our friends dreaming or being wrong?

Every message board for every club in the country will have a mixture of posts based in reality or otherwise. I'm sure if i trawled through some Palace forums then I'd find some silly posts too.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Why can't fans just enjoy the fact that we are holding our own in one of the best leagues in world football. Does it matter if Leeds are a bigger club than Brighton. In reality we are never going to be at the top of the Premiership. We are where we are and I for one am chuffed at what we are achieving at the moment. Every home match for me is an exciting occasion in a great stadium.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Whilst I agree that BHAFC come nowhere near the size of a club like Leeds, I do tend to agree that the Brighton job at the moment must be more appealing to a manager. We have quite a large budget and brand new facilities that are being improved all the time. If I remember rightly the Leeds fans were complaining that they are having to sell off their best players without a great deal of reinvestment and there's a lot of discontent at the club. At the moment I'd say Brighton is a better job than Leeds for a young manager like Poyet. You just have to remember that this is likely to be only temporary though as Leeds will eventually get their house in order and will be a major force in the Premiership again, and a fanbase we can only dream of

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think it just might be that they have a bigger ground and their lot have a better chance of getting in without a season ticket without the commitment to go to every game. Until we get a bigger capacity we are effectively held to ransom.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leeds are a bigger club than Brighton in many ways, not just the fanbase, but it would be a backward step for Poyet as he has already worked there. He & Bates don't get on whereas Bloom has the same vision as Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here