Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be very surprised if 18,500 STHs next season

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Backward step??? Regardless of current league placing and season ticket sales Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in England. I think it would be a stupid move but not a backward one.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Be very surprised if 18,500 STHs next season

I wouldnt, i can see a couple of thousand not renewing but their seats being snapped up pretty swiftly.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Backward step??? Regardless of current league placing and season ticket sales Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in England. I think it would be a stupid move but not a backward one.

Agree with this, regardless of your allegience it cannot be denied that the Albion are on sound footings and moving forwards, Leeds may be a bigger club but at best their position can be described as uncertain.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Agree with this, regardless of your allegience it cannot be denied that the Albion are on sound footings and moving forwards, Leeds may be a bigger club but at best their position can be described as uncertain.

Agreed. I'd also add that with Poyet's five year contract, compensation for himself and tanno would probably run into the several millions. Given that the last thing that came out of bates' wallet was a moth, i feel its a little unlikely he'd go there anyway.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Don't they have a massive membership database with about 30,000 members on it, all paying £50 for the year? plus the fact that a season ticket is £650 in a poor northern shithole, not everyone can afford ST's.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Why don't you wait until you've established yourselves in this league before making deluded statements like this, arrogance beyond belief.

Leeds have only been in this division a season longer in recent years to be fair.

Feb 14, 2010
Why don't you wait until you've established yourselves in this league before making deluded statements like this, arrogance beyond belief.

My friend, there is a statement of fact combined with a question. There is no statement of comment of any nature at all.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They still get 2,000 a week higher than you on average, if they didn't have Bates in charge I'm sure it'd be even higher.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What a stupid fecking thread - do you not realsie that first season we were alway sgoing to have that many season ticket holders i think i three seasons time it will have levelled off at around 13,000 as by then more people will buy tickets during teh week and the initial interest will have dropped off, Unless we become challengers that is, To even think we are a bigger club than Leeds is just stupid.

Also maybe, just maybe the fact that Leeds fans know they can get a ticket on the day puts them off shelling out a good few quid in one go when they may not either want to go to all teh games or can't make enough to make buying a season ticket worthwhile. Alot of Leeds supporters will want to se the bigger games plus the local derbies. To them and i may be wrong watching Palace, Peterbrough and in all fairness Brighton will not be a fixture they look out for.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What a load of bollocks, people seriously trying to suggest we are a bigger club than leeds? :facepalm:

Feb 14, 2010
What a stupid fecking thread - do you not realsie that first season we were alway sgoing to have that many season ticket holders i think i three seasons time it will have levelled off at around 13,000 as by then more people will buy tickets during teh week and the initial interest will have dropped off, Unless we become challengers that is, To even think we are a bigger club than Leeds is just stupid.

Firstly it is a statement of fact, the rest you have implied for yourself. If you are wrong and ST levels remain over 18000 in 3 years time, then please remember to bounce this thread as your views seem to be negative and forget that Sussex has a population of 1.7 Million

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Firstly it is a statement of fact, the rest you have implied for yourself. If you are wrong and ST levels remain over 18000 in 3 years time, then please remember to bounce this thread as your views seem to be negative and forget that Sussex has a population of 1.7 Million

I will do exactly that, but i have a feeling i won't be as we will not have 18k season ticket holders in three seasons time if we are mediocore mid table - Gus won't be here either if we are.

Feb 14, 2010
I will do exactly that, but i have a feeling i won't be as we will not have 18k season ticket holders in three seasons time if we are mediocore mid table - Gus won't be here either if we are.

Your view of three years time is different to mine. But we shall see and cant ask fairer than the reply to the challenge to bounce. For me, a club that got 30000 crowds in the lower league and has survived playing 140 mile round trip away has some kind of potential. Leeds are of course a big club needless to say but their crowds were less than Norwich when in the third tier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here