Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 13/2 to beat Saints.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
6-1 on paddy power. seem to recall I placed a tenner at the same odds in Gus's first game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That is a massive price in a three horse race. Yes Saints have won their last 19 home games and that is an amazing run, but it will come to an end and will also be playing on the players minds, as it is being talked about so much, which brings its own pressure, throw in that it a derby game of sorts and that there is no love lost between the sides also. Yes we have been on a bad run but everyone knows we are not a bad side. If we play anywhere like we did second half against Liverpool then we will win. Everyone in the media and most in general expects us to lose and this plays right into our hands. I'm more confident about Saturday than I would be against Barnsley or Burnley away...Don't know why but I think it's the sort of game we will win...I will be having some 6/1, massive price....Think Lualua will be the ace up Poyet's sleeve.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
You can get 5/1 on the Brighton win with a "draw no bet" with B365. That is massive considering you only drop from 6/1 and if it ends in a draw you get your money back. I've just put £100 on it!!

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Out of interest in percentage terms what chance do you think we have of beating Southampton?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
What could possibly be even better than us sneaking a cheeky 1-0?

Us sneaking a cheeky 1-0, and it being Inigo Calderon that scores the winner against the team that he turned down at the last minute to stay with us. I have a fiver on it at 250/1.

(Yes, it's crazy, but after rejecting [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] 's advice to get on 1-0, McShane on that fateful night at Selhurst, I couldn't say no after I'd thought of it...)

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Its definetely higher than the 16% the bookies are saying! I'd say 30%? If we played them ten times at St Marys we'd win 3 rather than the bookies 1.6.

30% really, do you think we have that much of a chance? if you were a bookie you would be betting something like this then southampton 11/10 (47.61%), draw 5/2 (28.57%) Brighton 23/10(30.30%) 107% book, you would be inundated with people wanting to back southampton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've gone (hope against expectation) for a 0-1 / CMS scorecast. Didn't get him to check the odds, but guess about 60/1.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've gone (hope against expectation) for a 0-1 / CMS scorecast. Didn't get him to check the odds, but guess about 60/1.

Yup, spot on. 60/1 with bet365.com. (Ashley Barnes in the same bet is 65/1).

Some daft odds on there. The odds for Draw @ HT - Albion win @ FT is a tasty 16/1. They really don't rate our chances at all. Seems to me like a sporting opportunity to pay for next season's ST for a modest outlay! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here