Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brief Blog here

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Do The Argus proof these before publishing? This bit doesn't make sense as a sentence?

"I shall be dipping my elbow in various liquids, and on that note, can I just thank the two wonderful Midwives, Cindy Boxall and Vic Bell who attended to us early Wednesday morning and hopefully like Albion’s winning goal tomorrow, blink and you’ll miss it!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With the numerous mis-placed commas and plethora of exclamation marks, I strugggled to make much sense of any of it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has the Argus stopped employing subs?

This reads like the ramblings of a lunatic

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is this a "look at me" thread ???

Think he has ideas of grandeur with the written word.
Don't give up your day job, Oh you don't have one do you as you keep reminding us.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I hate to come over all "it was not thus in my day", but as a former sub-editor AND Argus columnist, I'm saddened to see what passes for publication. I don't begrudge anyone the chance to see their words "in print", (despite the fact that all this user generated content undermines proper journalism) but I do begrudge the complete disinterest in sub-editing the verbal incontinence that can so easily result from these encouragements.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
My word, how old are you? That is the worst pile of shit i have ever read in my life. Seriously, read some other people's articles before you attempt your own. You cannot have that many commas. It is just not right.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Thank god for that fascinating blog.

I mean, it's not like every other detail of what goes through its author's mind ever gets posted on here as well, is it. Great to see.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thanks for all your kind comments, the 'when I did this or when i did that' ones are most welcome.

With hindsight, writing my blog in order to keep myself awake whilst monitoring my 22 month old watching cbeebies after I have had about 4 hours sleep in 48 odd hours was not a good idea.

Publishing it well ...........I am not a pro journalist obviously

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
You can't have it all ways, Tim! Either write the blog and accept that an opinion piece will generate dissenting opinion or stay well away from the writing business altogether. Getting flouncy about your own self-promotion just makes you look silly.

Readers don't want to know that you are writing while watching CBeebies - although it might go some way to explain things. In fact they don't want to know anything that goes on behind the front door in HB&B Villa.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm astonished anyone would choose to read his drivel. The bloke's a complete cock on here, and his picture looks like one of an public school boy who still giggles when conversation moves onto girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here