Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge to sign a 3 year contract???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He would have to drop his wage demand by 2/3rds before we talk contracts and can't see him doing that

He is on £90k per week at the moment but not a cat in hells chance that he will get offered anywhere near that at the end of the season. The best he could hope for is about 1/3rd or perhaps £40k for a desperate club in trouble.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
No chance, that's why Gus signed the Latvian left back, he knows Bridgey is off to LA at the end of the season IMO

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next to zero chance me thinks. We would not be able to afford his wages unless we got promoted.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully we can come to some sort of arrangement, how does £15k a week for an initial 18 months sound Wayne?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
No chance, that's why Gus signed the Latvian left back, he knows Bridgey is off to LA at the end of the season IMO

unfortunately, i think there may be something to this :(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I reckon Bridge would be more than happy to take £15kish a week. He is bloodly loaded and enjoying his football for the first time in years.

The biggest threat to him staying is his missus wanting to bloody live in LA.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It all depends on whether he is driven by money or his personal circumstances take him to the US. If neither of these are relevant then I would say he will choose what gives him the greatest pleasure and that may be playing football for BHA regardless of how much that may pay him

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can see Mr Bridge being on the first flight to LA come seasons end and landing a juicy final payday at the Galaxy whilst having the pleasure of going home to young Frankie everyday. Lucky bastard!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
He is from Southampton, his family still lives there, his missus lives in Essex and London, he is playing in a spankers stadium in front of fans that love him and he has scored more, played more and enjoyed more football under Gus than he has for years.

Its not all about the money.

p.s. i would love it if he did sign this contract. :clap:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bit worried teams in the premier league like Southampton would be interested or that he wants to move to the states.
Love him to sign for us....but wages will be a problem even if he did take a massive cut....and you're right about the America thing...I know his gorgeous wife is keen to go there and he'd get far more money there...but you never know in this game.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
His £90,000 a week days are over, no club would offer him anything like that, he has been a revelation for us and is worthy of a good deal. From what he has said publicly he has loved playing for us and has enjoyed having a regular start. 3 years is not an issue to me, he has had quite a few seasons where he played very infrequently so burn out should not be a problem.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Absolutely this!

I'm not so sure, I might be rose tinted spectacle testicles, but I think this new guy is for starters in the DS, a 3 year deal at the age of 32 is security for WB and he probably wouldn't get such a deal elsewhere for the longer term? he has already stated he has refound the love for the game since being with us and he would be a mentor for this new guy?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It would be amazing if this was true but have my doubts. I would have absolutely no issue with a three year deal if that is what it took to sign Bridge.

I must admit with his injury record and what I heard of his loan spells at West Ham and Sunderland, I wondered how much he would be motivated to play at Championship level. However, I couldn't have been proved more wrong. What an amazing signing by Poyet and I honestly think players like Bridge, Kuszczak, Bruno, Lopez and Orlandi (all of whom have been excellent summer signings and have played at a higher level) sign for us because Gus is our manager and we would struggle to get them with a less well known manager. What an amazing signing Bridge has been and even if it is only one season, what an impact he will have made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here