Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt on Monday Night - Applaud or Boo ? - Discuss

Booing any ex-player just feels to me to be like a particularly rubbish version of out of season PANTO. Why would you even care that much, assuming you had an actual life outside of footbsll?

What do you mean - "out of season PANTO"?

I will miss the game on Monday, because I will be performing in Cinderella at the Lewes Arms.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Boo without doubt. He basically went on strike to force through his move to Sunderland. He did very well for us but is one of the biggest twats to play for us in recent years.

How I feel. Let's just hope his 'head is right' and he feels he can play.......
Undid all his good work......

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The manner of his departure specifically left a sour taste, but:

He took the time to applaud all sides of the ground in what he clearly knew was going to be his last game. A small thing, but plenty of players wouldn't do it.

That equaliser against Dagenham & Redbridge, the night we got promoted.

That winner against Carlisle.

He came here for nothing, turned into one of the stand-out players in that side, and left for (relatively) a lot of money. If you have to lose your players, that's how you want the finances to work, isn't it?

He went to the Premier League, which is understandable, and not to a hated rival.

So while I didn't like the way he manoeuvred his way out, I've seen worse in plenty of footballers who wanted to leave their club. I'll be applauding him. Not particularly vigorously, mind.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How I feel. Let's just hope his 'head is right' and he feels he can play.......
Undid all his good work......

Let's hope on Monday night his head is not right, but he still plays, leading to all sorts of mayhem in the Leeds midfield and back four and a convincing victory for the blue and white stripes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope on Monday night his head is not right, but he still plays, leading to all sorts of mayhem in the Leeds midfield and back four and a convincing victory for the blue and white stripes.

Fully expect him to be their MOM

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I shall be spending the weekend practicing this, ready for Monday night:

maxresdefault.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Point of order. Bridcutt didn't ever make himself unavailable. The phrase, 'I don't think he's in the right frame of mind', actually came from Nathan Jones, when Bridcutt wasn't selected.

There was a strong rumour that Dunk refused to play last August, but he doesn't get booed, albeit he's still our player.

This is true. Buckley also admitted that once he knew Sunderland were after him his formed suffered. Not deliberately but just because..............
Nathan Jones feared that with Bridcutt even though the Bridcutt deal might have come first ?

I'm going for ignore I think because Bridcutt could have put the record straight but didn't bother.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I agree with ignore. He hasn't prospered and must now face the embarrassment of having to return in a really poor Leeds outfit. Grass is not always greener eh Liam?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here