Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt is the most important signing to make

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I believe Liam Bridcutt is player of the season - he does his job so effectively and in an understated way but also provides goals when you need them. He should be the first player we should be signing up long term. Thoughts?

Totally agree. Very quiet and unassuming lad who just gets on with his job. Personally, my player of the season. Sign him up Gus!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maybe not player of the season but has really earned the chance of a new contract definitely. A few weeks ago I sat in the Bristol Rovers main stand amongst all the locals trying as my family come from down that way, and the number of compliments they kept making about how he was running the game and there's no doubt he was the one player on the day who may not have made the headlines but pulled the strings in the side. A great young talent - he may have some off days, but who doesn't - sign him up I say.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I agree, players in this position the hold midfielder role are always the ones that never get enough praise. The way he gets it and plays a short 5 yard pass, then to get into space himself to receive again, is good to watch.

As a break it up, win it back, lay it off, spray it about holding midfielder myself I would very much agree with this! Getting a little bored of coming off the pitch after a game feeling nailed on for MOM and it being given to whoever scored a goal. In all seriousness I can't agree more with the OP. Bridcutt is absolutely pivotal to our play, he does what Kish does but with years ahead of him instead of behind. For a small guy he wins a huge amount in the air, and like Navarro and Kish, seems to be in the right place for a short pass or to intercept in front of the back 4 more often than not. Should snap him up on a 3 or 4 year deal and build a team around the likes of him, Dunk, Caskey and Bennett. Murray is vital to how we play and we desperately need to get him signed up, but IMO Bridcutt would be harder to replace.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
One of the best holding midfielders we've had for many years, he reminds me of Lampard so much. In the way he can spot a long pass, his short passing and his shooting outside the box is superb. Hopefully we can give him a longer contract, because we've got a real gem on our hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here