Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt is the most important signing to make

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I believe Liam Bridcutt is player of the season - he does his job so effectively and in an understated way but also provides goals when you need them. He should be the first player we should be signing up long term. Thoughts?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I agree with this. :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Excellent player, but easier to replace if you ask me.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I believe Liam Bridcutt is player of the season - he does his job so effectively and in an understated way but also provides goals when you need them. He should be the first player we should be signing up long term. Thoughts?

I agree, players in this position the hold midfielder role are always the ones that never get enough praise. The way he gets it and plays a short 5 yard pass, then to get into space himself to receive again, is good to watch.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My player of the season and being saying it for ages. Quality player (don't forgot no real pre season either) and will only get better under Gus

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
we should have given him a 2 or 3 year deal when we had the chance.
if there`s any truth in the rumour that wigan and forest are after him i would have thought the money they would offer him would be hard to turn down.
of course he`s guaranteed a start in our midfield which he may not be at a bigger club. ie forest/ not wigan if they go down.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree about Bridcutt. The three key out of contract players are Bridcutt, Dicker and Murray and if I had to choose one to keep it would probably be Bridcutt. He is probably one of only a couple of players we have who might play in the Premiership one day. Has been fantastic since Christmas and I really hope he stays.

With the three out of contract players (assuming the Murray story on the other thread is not true), we at least have a couple of weeks to try to sort out their contracts before the end of the season, which is good. There is no longer an issue with knowing which division we will be in.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When he was at Chelsea they told him that he wasn't big enough to cope with the Premiership. They suggested that he work on his short game ( 5 yard passes ) fetching and carrying and breaking up play. They said that he could carve out a good career in the lower leagues, if he worked on this part of his play.
I suggest that he is adapting very well and would be the first name on my teamsheet.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
great player,
but if he did not score the goal he did last night,
would there be a thread on this?

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
great player,
but if he did not score the goal he did last night,
would there be a thread on this?

I dont really see what your saying? Yes he scored last night, as he did against Carlisle, but what we are saying here is, as he has been an integral part of the team and he is out of contract at the end of the season. We must sign him up long term.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
I dont really see what your saying? Yes he scored last night, as he did against Carlisle, but what we are saying here is, as he has been an integral part of the team and he is out of contract at the end of the season. We must sign him up long term.

i agree yes, but what im trying to say is that, he is a great player but if he didnt score yesterday would there be this massive hype about him?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i agree yes, but what im trying to say is that, he is a great player but if he didnt score yesterday would there be this massive hype about him?

Yes.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He will go further than any other player in the squad. Can see him being a top Championship player minimum and possibly better. But I would say Murray is still marginally more important to sign as to replace him will cost the club a lot more.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
I'd say its slightly harder to replace Murray, finding a goalscorer for a negotiable wage bill. I think Bridcutt's been our best player this half of the season but overall Murray a bit more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here