Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan.....

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Do you remember in what circumstances we got Zamora?

Yes. Bristol Rovers knew he was a good prospect but had a few good forwards at the time, They wanted to keep him and cultivate him, but we offered them £100k for a 19 year old who had not made any league appearances for them and they decided to cash in their chips.

What is your point exactly?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he did alright tonight, a couple of "rush" moments where he needed a cool head but overall decent enough.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
İbrahim Tatlıses;3391154 said:
Better option than Kuipers, but good enough to meet our ambitions?

No.
Have to agree with this.Really prone to howlers,just ask Swindon fans as that is why they got rid of him.So far he has done alright for us and i can see him winning a new contract while Kuipers will be released.I reckon Gus will bring in a new number 1 and Brez will be a backup keeper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he wasnt really tested, but other than one flap he done all the simple things well. defenders seemed confident in him which is very important.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Few of us watched it in the pub tonight (OK it was a Wine bar - That's Haywards Heath for you, and I am not trying to boast like H B&B!). Anyway back to topic. We couldn't understand why some (of you) have a downer on Brez? He has had a few good games now! Thought he was solid tonight! CUFC were not going to score against him in a month of Sundays! (and yes, he did have a GOOD defence in front of him!).

And don't think I have a downer on FDM! Seen him many times in HH! Top Bloke! Just think Brez doesn't deserve some of the criticism he has been getting!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have to agree with this.Really prone to howlers,just ask Swindon fans as that is why they got rid of him.So far he has done alright for us and i can see him winning a new contract while Kuipers will be released.I reckon Gus will bring in a new number 1 and Brez will be a backup keeper.
His ability is only half the story IMO. Sure, he makes mistakes (which is why he is in league one) but what is surely equally important is that the defence looks confident in front of him. Our defence has looked shaky all season until the past 6 weeks or so. Now the only goals we're conceding are down to f*** ups, which you have to hope will be ironed out over time. El-Abd and Elphick are improving with every game now that they're playing with two very accomplished full backs and a goalkeeper they can trust (who isn't going to bite their heads off if they screw up).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Brez has been getting better, hasn't he. I am still reserving judgement a little. He has been out for a long time prior to laying for us and has taken a while to settle into the swing of things. I think he'll improve vastly between now and the end of the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Played really well did everything that was asked and took the pressure off the defence when he came to collect the ball. Kicking was a bit hit and miss but can't ask for everything

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Looked impressive taking crosses/corners last night, have been happy with his progress since he first arrived.
One Gus likes and could well be ominous for Kuipers (who i would still like retained as an experienced backup)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here