• Brezovan

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • Ankergren

Votes: 32 25.8%

• Total voters

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I rushed into voting Brezovan without reading the question properly. :facepalm:

This weekend I'd actually stick with Ankergren, but make the switch when Brezovan is fully match fit, unless Ankergren starts putting in some inspired performances in the meantime.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There much the same so i'm not really too worried either way. Ankergren is a better shot stopper and his distribution is probably better, whereas Brev commands his box better. Both are equally likely to make a massive mistake. Brez probably just gets the nod long term in my view. Ankergen this week,

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Given that Casper hasn't exactly inspired tonnes of confidence in his first few appearances for us and that Brez has come through 45mins for the reserves and looked assured, who would you play on saturday given the choice?
from a somewhat limited perspective I can only go on what I've seen - never witnessed Brezovan but saw Ankergren against Rochdale and was not impressed, so it's Brezovan for me.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A great many years ago I used to play in goal (including trials for Albion, Chelsea, Charlton and Spurs - all failed :laugh:) and one of the key skills was the ability to come for crosses. It's an art which seems to have diminished in importance in the modern game - I'm sure it's to do with the differing characteristics (speed and flight) between the old leather ball and the modern plastic one which gives the keeper less time to come out for deep crosses. As a result the modern keeper seems to be more concerned with angles and using their feet to effect saves (almost unthought of in my day when it was all about hands).

Brez is the better keeper at handling crosses in my view - indeed he is the best we have had at the club for some years in this respect. For that reason alone I rate him the better all round keeper.

The other major change over the years is the importance and range of the keepers' distribution and from the little I have seen so far Brez is marginally better (quicker thinking/more accurate) than Casper although I'm not sure there is much in it.

Saturday is surely too early and I would be surprised if he was even on the bench - there is no real need and little point but when fit I do think Brez will get an early chance to make himself first choice.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Definitely Ankergren this Saturday and for the next 3-4 games. Brezovan will need more than 45 minutes reserve football before he's ready to return

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Given that Casper hasn't exactly inspired tonnes of confidence in his first few appearances for us and that Brez has come through 45mins for the reserves and looked assured, who would you play on saturday given the choice?

I have to say that neither keeper inspires me with any confidence

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Breadvan will take the jersey away from Wankergren in a couple of weeks.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
don't rate either. breadvan looked pretty poor last seaon, and ankergren has looked poor this.

poke is a joke.

walker is a far better keeper than the other 3 in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here