Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brez vs cas

Brez or Cas

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
although a lot of people say that i dont think hes actually dropped a cross yet has he? or at least caused a goal by dropping a catch.

Rochdale? Not a "drop" but he came for a ball and handed it to them leaving his goal exposed for them to drop it in and equalise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If, and that's a big if, Casper does make a howler and costs a goal or something, would it be fair to drop him straight away? Would we be better showing a bit of faith in him after he has done so well recently?

I agree but if you look at how ruthless Gus was in bringing back Greer when Elphick made one mistake, I suppose it shows Casper can't afford a slip up.

Clearly there is no way we can drop Casper at the moment and he has done really well this season in my view. It is great though to have two great keepers, as well as a very talented young keeper, battling it out for the position.

I feel really sorry for Brezovan. Having lost his place at Swindon to a bad injury, the same has happened here.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Ankergren contributes to our overall style superbly well as he is so comfortable on the ball and offers sound distribution. The fact he hasn't been called upon to show any other capabilites too much should be seen as a positive.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
3 goals conceded in 9 games, enough said.
I don't think the stats would be much different if it had been Brezovan in goal.

The efence seem to have gotten used to the fact he never comes for much, at least you know where you stand with that rather than being uncertain, and it doesn't seem to be causing us too many problems at the moment. I still worry it will cost us at some point and would generally prefer a keeper who dominates his box.

On another goalkeeping note with Gus confirming Brez will play in the cup game surely it's time to send Walker out on loan to get some games?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Casper is number 1 and rightly so at the moment. That said I'd stick Brez in against Woking just to give him a game.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i only felt nervous for the first couple of games when Ankergren was in goal, pretty solid but expect if he does make another mistake Brez will get his chance. its all good competition for the team.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
i only felt nervous for the first couple of games when Ankergren was in goal, pretty solid but expect if he does make another mistake Brez will get his chance. its all good competition for the team.

Ankergren gives me the same feeling as El-Abd and Kishichev when they have the ball. Normally it goes in the right direction but ultimately this ball could go anywhere

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Ankergren gives me the same feeling as El-Abd and Kishichev when they have the ball. Normally it goes in the right direction but ultimately this ball could go anywhere

You feel like that about Kishishev?! Do you actually watch Brighton?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
We are 6 points clear, excluding the crazy penalty at bournmouth, we have let in just one goal in over 450 minutes of play, depsite changes to our back 4.

He makes you nervous - so f***ing what??!! Proof is in the pudding.

The only liability are so called fans who thinks such a great defensive run of form is a liability.

What the heck does the team have to do to get some praise?

This. (without the swearing bit tho!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here