Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brez vs cas

Brez or Cas

• Total voters

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
now brez is fit again who do u want to see in goal for us for the remainder of the season.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
If it's not broken don't fix it !
Unless Casper is injured at present you wouldn't play Brezoven.
Might be worth playing him in the FA Cup to give him extra match practice in case he is called upon.
Brez must be the best no 2 keeper in League one.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
yh but when ever a ball comes in i always get a little nervous as i just think cas is a liability, even thought he has been in good form lately

yh but when ever a ball comes in i always get a little nervous as i just think cas is a liability, even thought he has been in good form lately

We are 6 points clear, excluding the crazy penalty at bournmouth, we have let in just one goal in over 450 minutes of play, depsite changes to our back 4.

He makes you nervous - so f***ing what??!! Proof is in the pudding.

The only liability are so called fans who thinks such a great defensive run of form is a liability.

What the heck does the team have to do to get some praise?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are 6 points clear, excluding the crazy penalty at bournmouth, we have let in just one goal in over 450 minutes of play, depsite changes to our back 4.

He makes you nervous - so f***ing what??!! Proof is in the pudding.

The only liability are so called fans who thinks such a great defensive run of form is a liability.

What the heck does the team have to do to get some praise?

Agreed, if not quite so aggresively !

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Wasnt Casper just league 1 player of the month?

Enough said.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Can't see why anyone would vote against Casper, given he's kept six clean sheets in the league and only lets in one goal every 146 minutes.

Mind you, those stats may change after playing Posh at home!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What on earth has Casper done to warrant him loosing his place?

Is he guilty of not being Kuipers, sorry I mean Brez?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Saturday's game was the first when I haven't felt nervous about Casper when the other team attacks, and my default position is always that I'm much more confident and comfortable with Brez, however, like others have pointed out, you can't take the shirt away from Casper at the moment, (and I wouldn't drop him even if he ships 3 or 4 goals to peterborough - it would take a string of bad performances, imo), regardless of how nervous I or any other fan may be, the team are performing with him, he is performing when he has to.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When Brezovan started the the club most fans felt he was 'shaky', but he got better. As it turned out, his shakyness was down to lack of match practice. The same happened when Ankergren started here.

Brezovan is fit, but once again is out of match practice. I would give him a run out in the cup game, however we have to expect him to take a few games to get back to his best.

I would keep Casper between the sticks for now, he is doing well.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Casper. Without any shadow of doubt.

I must admit I was underwhelmed when we signed him as I always thought he looked very dodgy at Leeds. He's been exceptional for us though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Saturday's game was the first when I haven't felt nervous about Casper when the other team attacks, and my default position is always that I'm much more confident and comfortable with Brez, however, like others have pointed out, you can't take the shirt away from Casper at the moment, (and I wouldn't drop him even if he ships 3 or 4 goals to peterborough - it would take a string of bad performances, imo), regardless of how nervous I or any other fan may be, the team are performing with him, he is performing when he has to.

Agreed. Although I prefer Brez because I like a keeper who commands his box, the number one spot is Ankergren's to lose and he has done nothing to deserve that to date. Brez will get a game in the FA Cup.

I'm surprised that either Poke or Walker (or both) haven't gone out on loan - I guess in fairness that Poke has to hold out for a league club which will be tough to get but Mitch might benefit from a some game time at Conference level.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just like our centre backs we have competition for places. I think Brezovan is the better goalkeeper but at the moment the spot belongs to Ankergren.

Brezovan will have to stay sharp and take his chance when it comes. Ankergren stays in goal until he makes a mistake at which point Brezovan will get his chance.

Agreed. Although I prefer Brez because I like a keeper who commands his box, the number one spot is Ankergren's to lose and he has done nothing to deserve that to date. Brez will get a game in the FA Cup.

I'm surprised that either Poke or Walker (or both) haven't gone out on loan - I guess in fairness that Poke has to hold out for a league club which will be tough to get but Mitch might benefit from a some game time at Conference level.

There is no way we can get rid of both. If there is an injury/suspension, who will be on the bench?

Mitch has a great future here, but Poke really needs to find a new home.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
3 goals conceded in 9 games, enough said.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just like our centre backs we have competition for places. I think Brezovan is the better goalkeeper but at the moment the spot belongs to Ankergren.

Brezovan will have to stay sharp and take his chance when it comes. Ankergren stays in goal until he makes a mistake at which point Brezovan will get his chance.

If, and that's a big if, Casper does make a howler and costs a goal or something, would it be fair to drop him straight away? Would we be better showing a bit of faith in him after he has done so well recently?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

although a lot of people say that i dont think hes actually dropped a cross yet has he? or at least caused a goal by dropping a catch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here