Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brez in goal tonight

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I would have given Poke a game, they say he is best in training, give him a go. No confidence in Brez don't think he can play Gus's football from the back! Give the other fella a chance!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I feel more confident with Brezovan than I do with Ankergren in goal...code word new keeper needed quickly

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Are those at the top of this thread also going to demand that Gary Dicker is dropped aswell - because it was his misplaced pass (in a competitive fixture I add) that lead to the goal Doncaster scored on Saturday. Do you also need reminding that Brez was in goal for the Pompey & Watford games last year?

You're entitled to your opinion but please get behind the players - not slag them off.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
ive always thought brezovan was a good keeper but the defence never seem as confident when he's playing, i wouldnt change the team too much though, change it too much and it will affect the side (prime example-woking at home last year and we had a wobble)

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
Are those at the top of this thread also going to demand that Gary Dicker is dropped aswell - because it was his misplaced pass (in a competitive fixture I add) that lead to the goal Doncaster scored on Saturday. Do you also need reminding that Brez was in goal for the Pompey & Watford games last year?

You're entitled to your opinion but please get behind the players - not slag them off.

Agreed. Although I have my doubts over Brez and Dicker for that matter I feel like some people want them to fail

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
IN BREZ WE TRUST

I have no doubt that Pete will want to be proving people wrong, give Casper a night off - and other then Mitch who have we got?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Perhaps after what happened during the Spurs game Gus is giving him a final opportunity to impress for this season? Am i right in reading somewhere that Gus states our best goalie during training is Poke?
Wouldn't be surprised if Brez players poorly tonight that Poke will be given a chance next or perhaps a loan signing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS some on here are fickle. He's not the best keeper in the world and prob isn't Champs class but he's not bad and usually v good at claiming crosses.

Anyway i'm DELIGHTED he's playing for this one reason:

'WE'VE GOT OUR BREZOVAN - YOU'VE GOT YOUR CARAVAN' :rave:

:rave: :clap: :rave: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some of the remarks on here are pathetic.

Like every other keeper, Brez occasionally makes a mistake. There were plenty on here howling for Ankergren to be replaced when he dropped a bollock and cost us a goal last season against Rochdale. Are we going to scream for a new keeper every time we concede due to a goalkeeping error ?

Brezovans most recent error is unfortunately still fresh in the memory, and no, he's clearly not as good as Ankergren. But show me a keeper who never screws up, it happens at EVERY LEVEL. As usual tonight, Brezovans good moments will be largely ignored, while the slightest perceived rickitt will be subjected to forensic analysis and criticism by all the goalkeeping coaches on here. He's a competent enough keeper, he's big and imposing, a good shot-stopper, and commands his box pretty well. He's not as good as Casper with the ball at his feet, but then few keepers are.

Saying "that’s it, we're out" before a ball has even been kicked tonight, yeah that’s GREAT support. Jesus, give the guy a break FFS.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not jumping on the anti-Brez bandwagon just because of that monumental f***-up against Spurs (it was only a friendly after all), but I must say, I'm not entirely sure why Brez is still here, let alone being played.
He filled a gap fairly well a couple of seasons back- made the occasional howler- what keeper doesn't? But surely we have seen enough to know that he is never going to be good enough to take Ankergrens place?
It's not as if he is young and still learning his trade is it? He's 31 years old, and hasn't shown any signs of challenging Casper ever since he lost the number 1 spot to him.
Why not give Poke or Walker (is he still with us?) a chance? Poke was only given one chance, which was this time last year against Northampton, and yeah, he ballsed it up, but the lad's still fairly young (25 i believe) and I'm sure he has improved since then.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts

Good post, give Brez a break. He'll do fine

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here