Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brez in goal tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear, liability if Gus expects him to play as an extra defender rather than a long hoof down the field keeper. He has less skills on the ball than FDM with clown shoes on.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know he made that terrible mistake against Spurs but he didn't do too badly for us in the cup last season.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
should add to the excitement then! mr clown shoes flapping around giving goals away as quickly as we score them

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A lot of Premiership keepers have struggled with Stoke's aerial bombardment so I think it was harsh that he was blamed for our FA Cup exit. He'll be fine tonight.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Can't belive how harsh some are being on Brez and on Gus's judgment. Okay he made a mistake in a friendly. If Gus thinks he's good enough then he is.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Don't understand all the harsh comments - is Brez really that bad, then? He was our number one for a time. Or am I missing something..

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Like it or not he is our reserve goalie. It'd be much worse to have him stewing on the bench, undermining his confidence, so that he's unable to step in as cover if something happens to Ankergren. Gus knows what he's doing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its probably the Amex feel good factor that has saved him, last keeper we had that made a couple of mistakes was hounded out the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easily good enough for division 4 opposition with a class team in front of him. #notworried

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm in the 'why is everyone being so harsh on brez' camp. He's a decent keeper, overall he is, imo, on a par with casper, with strengths and weaknesses in different areas, unfortunately, brez's weakness is casper's strength - playing with the ball at their feet - and that attribute is currently the most important one for our team.

But if you're one of those who hate brez, fear for the club's very existence, and so on, think of it like this: Gus isn't looking for a new keeper, so brez is the back up. If Casper gets injured in a league game or sent off, do you want brez to still be concerned about the error he made the last time he played, while also being upset at not even being allowed to play v a team two divisions below us, or would you like the back up keeper to have gotten past his error and still seeing every game as an opportunity to win back the number 1 shirt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm in the 'why is everyone being so harsh on brez' camp. He's a decent keeper, overall he is, imo, on a par with casper, with strengths and weaknesses in different areas, unfortunately, brez's weakness is casper's strength - playing with the ball at their feet - and that attribute is currently the most important one for our team.

If Gus wants us to always play the same way he really should find us a reserve keeper who is confident with the ball at his feet. I am very surprised he hasn't, maybe keepers who are comfortable on the ball are few and far between ?

I have no problems with Brez as a keeper but I feel like covering my eyes when he tries to play football

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I have ZERO confidence now of progressing.

Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here