Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is the obvious solution.

The Unionists won't just lie down and accept that, they love the Union far more than the average English person and then there's Scotland, they wouldn't mind a bit of customs union too

All speculation we will see..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I sure Johnson does want a deal, this would make him very popular; he knows this.

Is a deal that is acceptable with both the EU and the ERG/the DUP possible though?

I can't help but think that this evenings optimism, primarily from Varadkar, is only political.

We shall see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nP35Vgz7z8

Watch this and I think you will see the game Johnston is playing; he doesn't want a deal but it will suit his purpose to get one.... for the time being.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Watch this and I think you will see the game Johnston is playing; he doesn't want a deal but it will suit his purpose to get one.... for the time being.

This seems feasible to me.

Given the short time the EU should say a short technical extension is therfore required to ensure time for legislation to pass only. This would be reasonable. If this was not agreed it would be clear what the plan was.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Would MP's be that stupid to vote for a deal in the knowledge there isn't enough time to get the legislation through before 31/10 and then force no deal. Really??

Would there be the votes anyway?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Would MP's be that stupid to vote for a deal in the knowledge there isn't enough time to get the legislation through before 31/10 and then force no deal. Really??

I think the premise is that there would technically be just enough time but Johnson would deliberately not use it.

Edit: Would the DUP publicly support this even if they privately knew no deal would result?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the premise is that there would technically be just enough time but Johnson would deliberately not use it.

think the legislation needed is already drafted some may already be enacted in the EU Withdrawal bill, we were meant to leave in March remember?
this is barking up the "wants a no deal" tree, if we move on from that there is no need for such convoluted games.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes. It didn't make sense.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same old Brexiter thickos in the audience of QT. Making the same tired old "points";
"I knew what I was voting for"
"democracy needs enacating"
"Let's just get it done"

One lady who I would describe as "council estate attractive" was waffling on about a high horse and whenever Theo said we don't know what's going to happen retorted with the illogical "I knew what I was voting for but we don't know what will happen with Brexit". Okay, Love ;-)Typical leave voter logic!

All points shot down by Theo Paphitos, a leave voter who has since changed his mind because he realises it's unimplementable. Clever guy.

Hartley-Brewer making the usual fool of herself. What a mess.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same old Brexiter thickos in the audience of QT. Making the same tired old "points";
"Let's just get it done"

One lady who I would describe as "council estate attractive" was waffling on about a high horse and whenever Theo said we don't know what's going to happen retorted with the illogical "I knew what I was voting for but we don't know what will happen with Brexit". Okay, Love ;-)Typical leave voter logic!

All points shot down by Theo Paphitos, a leave voter who has since changed his mind because he realises it's unimplementable. Clever guy.

Just watched it again to ensure I wasn't mistaken.. She said "I know what I voted for, 17.4 Million" Theo replied "Do you know what you voted for?. She came back with "Remainers will stick by figures"

God help us.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just watched it again to ensure I wasn't mistaken.. She said "I know what I voted for, 17.4 Million" Theo replied "Do you know what you voted for?. She came back with "Remainers will stick by figures"

God help us.

It was only a matter of time before these dumb ******** were given a vote that could actually ruin the country. All we can do now is pray that Parliament and British Law are robust enough to halt the rise of the idiots.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was only a matter of time before these dumb ******** were given a vote that could actually ruin the country.

I didn’t understand her logic at all. She was arguing that she knew exactly what she was voting for whilst at the same time, declaring that no one can know what will happen with Brexit. There are a lot of well educated and smart people who voted leave but I think they’re overwhelmingly out numbered by the weakest in our society, intellectually wise.

Sadly, these people also have the philosophy of ‘it’s never my fault’. So if we leave and the economy crashes and burns and they lose they’re jobs etc, the devastation of the No Deal Brexit will be the fault of the remainers and the EU. They will genuinely believe that to; Cummings would have had them twice!

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn’t understand her logic at all. She was arguing that she knew exactly what she was voting for whilst at the same time, declaring that no one can know what will happen with Brexit. There are a lot of well educated and smart people who voted leave but I think they’re overwhelming out numbered by the weakest in our society, intellectually wise.

Sadly, these people also have the philosophy of ‘it’s never my fault’. So if we leave and the economy crashes and burns and they lose they’re jobs etc, the devastation of the No Deal Brexit will be the fault of the remainers and the EU. They will genuinely believe that, Cummings would have had them twice!

She was a shambles. Sadly indicative of certain type of leave voter. A type we have too many of unfortunately.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She was a shambles. Sadly indicative of certain type of leave voter. A type we have too many of unfortunately.

And that ‘type’ of voter will be the hardest hit by a no deal Brexit.

Lot’s of Tory right wingers wanted Brexit for a particular reason. Priti Patel has announced that a foreigner wanting a job in this country would need to command a salary of £35k+ to work here. As all our foreign cleaners, bin men, fruit pickers, fast food workers etc leave, the Tories will replace them with people currently unemployed or on disabled benefit. They’ll have to take those jobs or risk being on the street as their benefits are taken away. That is the reality of a No Deal Tory Brexit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
"Let's just get it done"

I watched it last night, had my head in my hands when that stupid cow spoke up.
The ridiculous look on her face when she was talking was the giveaway, never going to listen, fingers in ears and totally wrong, she didn't have a clue what she voted for.
But she looked different to most of the other leaver types.
Somehow cleaner, possibly educated, sober, possibly drug free and was not adorned in Primark.
Last night showed the leavers up for what they are, clueless, thick, ignorant idiots.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was only a matter of time before these dumb ******** were given a vote that could actually ruin the country. All we can do now is pray that Parliament and British Law are robust enough to halt the rise of the idiots.

They are the victims of Murdoch, Dacre and the owners of the Ritz. Some days, I kind of can't help myself, but some days I do actually feel sorry for these people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And that ‘type’ of voter will be the hardest hit by a no deal Brexit.

Lot’s of Tory right wingers wanted Brexit for a particular reason. Priti Patel has announced that a foreigner wanting a job in this country would need to command a salary of £35k+ to work here. As all our foreign cleaners, bin men, fruit pickers, fast food workers etc leave, the Tories will replace them with people currently unemployed or on disabled benefit. They’ll have to take those jobs or risk being on the street as their benefits are taken away. That is the reality of a No Deal Tory Brexit.

The £35K minimum rules out a lot of skilled jobs, too. Many of them in the NHS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here