Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
5E7E7412-B0F7-4120-9781-FBF2C80203CA.png5E7E7412-B0F7-4120-9781-FBF2C80203CA.png

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Divide and conquer working out perfectly I see

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They accepted it and paid the fine. They did not fight it. It was an acceptance that they cheated financially.

I'd take you seriously if a few hundred thousand backed you up, but really? Good God man, you really think a referendum was down to corruption?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Saw this on the BBC, and yes, a few arrogant enough not to do the referendum have come to the fore. But the fact they didn't is their problem and not that of EU leavers. The one biggest party with the most votes were the Brexit Party, with basically no opposition. This shows that the EU leavers are more consolidated than ever.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I'd take you seriously if a few hundred thousand backed you up, but really? Good God man, you really think a referendum was down to corruption?

I answered your questions: what became of it? What were the irregularities? Why was it never followed up? Why as a voter did I never hear about it?
It's all publicly accessible information.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I answered your questions: what became of it? What were the irregularities? Why was it never followed up? Why as a voter did I never hear about it?
It's all publicly accessible information.

Nobody ever landed on the moon, the twin towers were a set up.... please continue.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Saw this on the BBC, and yes, a few arrogant enough not to do the referendum have come to the fore. But the fact they didn't is their problem and not that of EU leavers. The one biggest party with the most votes were the Brexit Party, with basically no opposition. This shows that the EU leavers are more consolidated than ever.

More people realising that after three years the Brexiteers couldn’t manage to exit for all the reasons that were brushed over during the last election ,and now the swing back. All good news

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
More people realising that after three years the Brexiteers couldn’t manage to exit for all the reasons that were brushed over during the last election ,and now the swing back. All good news

It is the remainers, the few in the HoC that control us, that have stopped the process that we asked for, the majority of this country. Anyone that blocks it is basically treasonous.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Same question, I think you forgot to answer it.

Sorry, I don't get what this means.
Thank you for being generally civil in our exchanges (apart from one unnecessary swipe) ; it makes a difference.
I suppose in the end we believe what we tell ourselves rather than what someone else tells us.
I would just repeat that on the matter of the 2nd referendum of 2016 that some 'funding' and 'vote harvesting' issues were seen as worthy of serious investigation and later found to be 'irregularities'. If you are inclined, you can easily find out about them; if not, no matter......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Like Jacob Rees mogg, Boris Johnson, David Davis? All voted against a brexit deal

No you are being seriously simplistic here. They voted against the EU still having control on our borders. You really are trying to stoke up the bollocks here aren't you?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
No you are being seriously simplistic here. They voted against the EU still having control on our borders. You really are trying to stoke up the bollocks here aren't you?

No. It just shows that a version of the first section brexit was agreed, but leavers, as well as remainers, rejected it. I know of leavers who have said they prefer that deal (May's deal) over no deal. But your view of brexit is different.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
(from the other thread)

Here's how I see where we are.

Assuming we end up with a WTO exit PM, there will only be one way to prevent it, and that would be for Conservative MP's who oppose that to vote against the Government in a no confidence vote. Those MP's will lose their seats. Those seats won't go to Labour, since they will be campaigning on a remain ticket. There will be only one party viewed as being for honouring the referendum, The Brexit Party.

In 2017 the gains Labour made in Conservative marginals were mostly in leave constituencies. They will lose those seats on a remain ticket. Labour also need to win new marginals, the vast majority of which are also leave constituencies. They won't win those. Labour simply cannot make the gains they need, and they won't even keep the gains they made in 2017, because back then they campaigned on a platform of leaving the EU. The Conservatives will struggle to keep any of those two groups of seats if Conservative MP's triggered the GE to block a WTO exit. The only party which will be viewed as pro-leaving and honouring the referendum will be The Brexit Party.

It comes down to what the anti-Brexit Conservatives do in the event of a confidence motion, and the fact is that when it comes to the crunch Conservative MP's who oppose a WTO Brexit will have two choices. Don't bring down the Government, and allow the WTO Brexit to take place under a Conservative PM. Or, bring down the government, destroy the Conservative Party, usher in an insurgency from the Brexit Party and probably end up getting a WTO Brexit anyway, watching it happen from their new day jobs outside Parliament.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No. It just shows that a version of the first section brexit was agreed, but leavers, as well as remainers, rejected it. I know of leavers who have said they prefer that deal (May's deal) over no deal. But your view of brexit is different.

I have always said that both sides are treacherous, you can't convert the preached too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here