Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm not trying to do anything, I'm just stating consequences.
Perhaps that's why Corbyn has gone against his lifetime conviction and is now 'firmly' in the remain camp. It won't do him any good BTW as it is short term political opportunism.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Not helped by the leader of the Leave campaign himself likening the EU to Hitler's nazi movement.....

for the record, the quoted peice is this:
the past 2,000 years of European history have been characterised by repeated attempts to unify Europe under a single government in order to recover the continent’s lost “golden age” under the Romans.

“Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically,” he says.

that is not a comparison to Nazi Germany and is factually, historically correct. personally i cant stand the immigration arguement, its devalues what leaving the EU should be about, but alas it is a popular topic for many leaving no matter how misguided. the problem is that those concerns haven't been addressed in a couple of decade, and when they got worse (because immigration from EU has increased), people were just told to shut up about it, brush the concern under the carpet. there's been little effort to make the case for immigration over the years, or on the other hand any serious attempt to address it within the EU (as some have pointed out, emigration isnt so great fro some nations). rather like there's been case made *for* remaining, just a long list of why leaving would be bad.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Perhaps that's why Corbyn has gone against his lifetime conviction and is now 'firmly' in the remain camp. It won't do him any good BTW as it is short term political opportunism.

I don't know, don't you think when Corbyn goes into that booth to make his vote on the 23rd he may not be able to prevent himself voting out........I know he is saying remain but his dialogue and body language is saying OUT.

Stay in for change doesn't sound great does it?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't know, don't you think when Corbyn goes into that booth to make his vote on the 23rd he may not be able to prevent himself voting out........I know he is saying remain but his dialogue and body language is saying OUT.

Stay in for change doesn't sound great does it?
Exactly. Mr Corbyn, on the very few times I've seen him appear during the campaign, looks like a man who is deeply unhappy with his lot. I wonder if he will change his mind?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Good stuff from chief Quitter Nigel Farage today. Be careful of the immigrants or they will rape you. This from the leader of the side who claim to campaigning on a ticket of hope. Some hope.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Okay, let me pick two.

I am supposing that as you disagreed with the original post and are an adherent of the EU, that you don't for instance think that Greece is in a lot of trouble and not for one minute do you believe that some eastern members of the EU refused to allow any migrants in.

He didnt say greece is in a lot of trouble, he said it was ****ed. He is wrong. Not sure what he said on eastern european members and migration. btw we accept migrants, and have for as long as you have been alive. And will do post

D

Deleted member 22389

I see the press have started up on Farage again, we have been here before many times, and usually it ends up with Farage getting more support. They said it would be a terrible campaign, and so far it has. I'm just waiting for the crap they are going to start digging up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
for the record, the quoted peice is this:

that is not a comparison to Nazi Germany and is factually, historically correct. personally i cant stand the immigration arguement, its devalues what leaving the EU should be about, but alas it is a popular topic for many leaving no matter how misguided. the problem is that those concerns haven't been addressed in a couple of decade, and when they got worse (because immigration from EU has increased), people were just told to shut up about it, brush the concern under the carpet. there's been little effort to make the case for immigration over the years, or on the other hand any serious attempt to address it within the EU (as some have pointed out, emigration isnt so great fro some nations). rather like there's been case made *for* remaining, just a long list of why leaving would be bad.

Come on, BJ used a reference to Hitler to tar the EU knowing it would be the headline and the vast majority of people would not read the article. It's the same with the continual reference to £350m weekly cost when it isn't. He even tried to justify using that figure on the Andrew Marr show.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I see the press have started up on Farage again, we have been here before many times, and usually it ends up with Farage getting more support. They said it would be a terrible campaign, and so far it has. I'm just waiting for the crap they are going to start digging up.

I would imagine it is water off a ducks back by now.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Come on, BJ used a reference to Hitler to tar the EU knowing it would be the headline and the vast majority of people would not read the article. It's the same with the continual reference to £350m weekly cost when it isn't. He even tried to justify using that figure on the Andrew Marr show.

BJ has blown his chance of being elected PM

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He didnt say greece is in a lot of trouble, he said it was ****ed. He is wrong. Not sure what he said on eastern european members and migration. btw we accept migrants, and have for as long as you have been alive. And will do post
Perhaps you ought to look back to the original post as you sound flustered. ****ed was what he said, I just put it a little more politely. It's interesting to me that you think he is wrong. It's funny that when someone starts to lose an argument, even on the internet, they become a little bit more incoherent and one can almost hear the pitch of the voice rising.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Interesting. Lets see. Much fanfare, not much substance. Hasn't driven the campaign as i thought he might.
He doesn't want to be seen slagging off Tories too much, as they are the ones he wants to lead, whereas Gove genuinely doesn't want to lead.

No matter what the EU referendum result is, and I believe we will leave, Cameron is history.

There will be a new PM by Xmas, and I'm pretty certain it will be Boris.

But I could be wrong.

TB

larus

BJ has blown his chance of being elected PM

I don't think so. See; just an opinion and has as much weight as yours saying he has. He'll be very popular with the grass roots now of the party, and, if this is an exit vote he'll be a hero to them.

Also, the chances of an Exit vote seem to be increasing based on the polls. As a Brexit supporter, I thought the weight of biased 'reports' from IMF, etc., would sway the public, but it appears the stubbornness of the British psyche may be subconsciously sticking 2 fingers up to to them.

I met a mate last night for a meal and couple of beers. Eventually, the subject got raised and he said that he'd changed from a Remainer to Brexit during the campaign. I told him he's come over from the dark side :). This appears to be getting reflected in the polls, but I think Brexit will need to be several points clear prior to polling, as the status quo always causes the waverers to stick with what they know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here