Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good for the Spanish health system. Maybe someone is winning from Brexit?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world...KEYfTbtqrzILqd0aSgbVzW_TdLW3YEY9r04kO-lx7jObw

Sadly a lot of them voted " Leave" after being told they would still have all the luxuries and benefits of living in Spain.... If they genuinely believed that then they must have been thick. The vote was a vote to become a " Third Country " under EU laws and as such, a vote to lose all the benefits and luxuries of living in Spain. I have little sympathy for them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sadly a lot of them voted " Leave" after being told they would still have all the luxuries and benefits of living in Spain.... If they genuinely believed that then they must have been thick. The vote was a vote to become a " Third Country " under EU laws and as such, a vote to lose all the benefits and luxuries of living in Spain. I have little sympathy for them.

Must admit if you've been living in Spain and didn't secure your residency, my only conclusion is they had no idea what they were voting for.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Of course it didn't have to be that way, that was ultimately a choice of the British Government and an EEA Brexit would have seen them able to carry on the lives they were living. But why give them the chance to make that choice is my question.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1444940951756197888[/tweet]

So there we have it, the Government are worried the NI protocol is making them look bad because there haven't been shortages in NI. Almost like...nah...surely it can't be that their more nativist Brexit is a bad idea?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

So there we have it, the Government are worried the NI protocol is making them look bad because there haven't been shortages in NI. Almost like...nah...surely it can't be that their more nativist Brexit is a bad idea?
The obvious solution is to give the rest of the UK the Better Brexit deal that NI has been given.

Lucky, lucky Northern Ireland.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bloody pesky Irish with their damned ports connected directly to world's biggest trading block, it causing havoc..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.u5.jpg Of course :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1445684494460018688[/tweet]
Very true. .. But for how much longer can we keep blaming Europe for all our problems? .... I reckon almost forever, another " Great Patriotic War " due in Jersey in the next couple of weeks.. Anything to avoid talking about empty shelves..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here