Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Using the good old straw man/ misrepresenting my argument is convenient but a bit underhand.

Everyone? Many people have argued the referendum isn't binding or we should ask the question again or we should have an election before exit to try and reverse the decision including some on this board.

Consumer confidence is bound to go down in times of uncertainty especially after months of predictions/arguments saying Brexit = economic disaster.

You really are clueless. Looking to have a second referendum does not
mean people do not believe we are leaving the EU. It justs means that they are looking to reverse the decision because they have no desire to leave.

D

Deleted member 22389

Most sensible people do agree, it will be crap in the short term, rising to not as good as it is now for the mid term, until long term, it turns out we are back where we started, and very long term we might be better off than if we had stayed but we can never know for sure, economically that is.
Environmental issues, employment rights and freedoms will be lower in the UK, but you get to choose which of two parties will the boss for the next 5 years. Well you think you do, but you will get whoever Murdoch wants.

Employment rights have been going down the pan ever since job agencies appeared on the scene in my opinion. Contracts of employment are a thing of the past. Can't see how employment rights can get any worse than they are now, the EU hasn't stopped zero hour.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Employment rights have been going down the pan ever since job agencies appeared on the scene in my opinion. Contracts of employment are a thing of the past. Can't see how employment rights can get any worse than they are now, the EU hasn't stopped zero hour.

And a right-wing Conservative Government Post Brexit wanting to attract and retain business to/in The UK will stand up for workers rights?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just what I was saying to a colleague.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite. We've now got two pretty hard line right wingers going for PM. They'll be negotiating on our "behalf". Here's what I guarantee will happen, we have little bargaining power so I order to retain some kind of foreign market she will sell is down the river in order to get contracts, all contracts the leavers thought would now open up to all those on the dole queue will be contracted out to cheap foreign labour who are prepared to work under reduced rights conditions.

The very thing that caused you lot vote out, will increase tenfold.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
No, I don't think that is necessary at all. Brexit IS already an economic disaster.

Credit rating down-graded
Companies making plans to leave
Redundancy notices issued

We can wait 'more than a couple of weeks' to see how well we can recover from it, but it IS a disaster, make no mistake.

I would politely disagree with regard to the credit rating.

1. These are the same agencies that rated all the mortgage backed securities triple A and that worked out well.
2. borrowing costs unchanged and some sources (BBC) say they are down since the referendum.
3. Many argued the UK rating was too high before Brexit given the deficit.

I would never make light of jobs being under threat, however.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It did issue the working time directive. Uk government first tried to block that completely and then secured an option out for uk employees, which really means opt out or don't get the job if it entails more than 48hrs average a week. 3 million people are on opted out contracts. E.U. was planning to remove the opt out we have.
Some people are working more than 90hrs a week. In Europe that would be 2 jobs, not one.
It was sold to us as E.U. trying to stop people who want to work harder to earn more, but it is a health and safety issue, as well as allowing employers to pay employment overheads for one person instead of 2.
Mental and physical health problems are significantly higher for people on longer hours.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Stick around, they are going to get a lot, lot worse as workers rights are dealt away by an increasingly right wing government.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

E.U. has urged U.K. government to do something about this. Because it has been ignored steps to put legislation in at E.U. level are being sought by Labour MEP. These contracts are not an issue anywhere else in Europe, it is our government that is failing to rectify.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem with the EU is Britain has never known how to use it properly and has never wanted to use it's influence to raise the quality of life for UK citizens. We prefer to sit and moan about the information we are given rather than lobby our MEP's to do something about it, mind you. MEP's like Farage who should be using his time in the EP far more constructively.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
"Mistakenly eh? No. DECEPTIVELY.
It sounds familiar."........not lieing.
By the way you have put up a video by Farage, please note like my links this does not come from my lips or pen, so i am not lieing.

By the way, i thought you liked to smoke the herbal stuff.....hope you did not lie on your dating profile quote :" Smokes regularly, Drinks socially, Doesn’t do drugs"....

once, twice 3 times i let it slide but... ffs you retard it's spelt LYING not lieing...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would politely disagree with regard to the credit rating.

1. These are the same agencies that rated all the mortgage backed securities triple A and that worked out well.
2. borrowing costs unchanged and some sources (BBC) say they are down since the referendum.
3. Many argued the UK rating was too high before Brexit given the deficit.

I would never make light of jobs being under threat, however.

There is a peculiar aspect to our borrowing. Quantative easing was effectively borrowing money from the future. I am not sure how a devalued pound affects this.In 2015 about £18 Billion of debt interest was on this time travelling money. What is confusing me is whether we have borrowed less than we thought we had because the pound is now worth less, or if we have a higher cost of borrowing because the pound is now worth less.
Foreign borrowing will undoubtedly be more expensive.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That's more a continuation of negativity than a description of self pity. Would you agree it might be best to wait more than a couple of weeks before we completely right of Brexit as an economic disaster?

I would agree if there was some sort of plan. Unfortunately the two iconic leaders of the Brexit campaign have jumped ship, the third leader (Gove) has disappeared back to obscurity, and we have a huge political vacuum. This will take years to sort out.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
can i just say

#### Off
no seriously #### you

what sort of #### thinks he is more intelligent than the electorate.......oh yes a #### like you
what sort of #### thinks the voters are too stupid to vote....yep a #### like you

here is the beautiful kicker
the #### you hate managed to see through your high horse ####wallop and served you a massive ####

you are a vile sanctimonious ###

sneering ##### like you won the referendum for leave......pat yourself on the back you ####

he's spot on... update as this may be misconstrued...

The original poster was correct... The majority of people are too thick to vote and judging by your comments on this thread i would include you in this.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep, and Britain will become a tax haven as we let income tax slide to guarantee corporations still see us as attractive. Combine that with wealth disparity safeguards disappearing overnight and funding for some of the poorest communities in the land being withdrawn and the gap between the haves and have nots is going to increase to truly unmanageable scales and there is not going to be much of a welfare system to catch those that fall or workers rights to protect those lucky enough to be in work. It's a royal **** up and it's not even begun yet.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What a lovely way you have with words, still i suppose it's ok when stated on the net eh.

you could thank me... i've stopped you from looking like a div for the rest of your life... Ungrateful git

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here