Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
All going well for Pigs farmers

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...pply-chain-labour-shortage-today-programme-VN

The National Pig Association (NPA) said a "mass cull" may be needed to ease the pressure on pig farmers forced to cope with a growing number of extra animals due to delays in the supply chain. NPA chairman Rob Mutimer told Radio 4's Today programme surplus pigs may have to be "shot on the farms" as processing plants report major delays due to a shortage of labour. Farmers across the UK have been urging Boris Johnson to agree to issue more emergency visas to European farm workers to help the sector cope with the loss of labourers from the Covid crisis and Brexit.

#brexitisntworking

French turkeys, Danish pork, what next?

Did no one do an audit of the work places most filled by EU workers before we left? :shrug:

Even more reason to start thinking vegetarian / vegan diet. It's what every Brexit voter would have wanted I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Come on chaps, give up the circle jerk and give us a time scale for all your doom and gloom spreading, is this life as we know it Jim..... LMFAO

Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Come on chaps, give up the circle jerk and give us a time scale for all your doom and gloom spreading, is this life as we know it Jim..... LMFAO

Regards
DF

I'll keep calling out the problems with Brexit for as long as they keep coming. If you don't like it you shouldn't have voted for it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hardly a day goes by without a report of the damage that Brexit is doing across the economy, Much of this is recorded in this thread - and rebuttals by pro-Brexiteers are few and far between and of very little weight as Leavers disappear down their rabbit-holes, drape in their union flags.
Those of us in the Remain camp can only reflect on the act of self-harm that was Brexit and remind its movers, shapers and supporters of the consequences. From the snake-oil salesmen who sold their fellow citizens this crap (the very same people who are now acting as the worst government in living memory led by the worst PM) to the band-wagon riders - an alliance of the largely gullible, the cynical, the xenophobic, the misinformed, the uninformed and the terminally confused - this is what you've landed us (and yourselves) with. Perhaps this is really what you wanted?

Take fishing.. This was a key part of the Brexit narrative. The guff about an Independent Coastal State played to our island sense of exceptionalism. The toll that the CFP had taken on our fishing communities (ever been to Grimsby?) looked like a classic case for Brexit or at least against the EU. Even hardened Remainers like me thought that maybe this could be a rare 'win' for the UK - and good luck to the fishermen. It might prove to be a ray of sunlight in the carnage.

But no: of course not. A report out this week identifies the toll that Brexit has and will take on our fishing industry, summed up in the phrase 'more losers than winners'. Perhaps that should have been the catch phrase of the Remain campaign. But of course that was Project Fear wasn't it?

https://minbane.wordpress.com/2021/09/30/https-wp-me-p1xtjg-io2/

Must admit I thought fishing might get some wins from Brexit, I was wrong. Some talk of new markets but these were open to us before

The big question is will the victims of Brexit buy more of Johnson's snake oil or will they double down for yet more self harm and punishment?

Admitting you got it wrong isn't easy, most of us would find that very hard

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Regards
DF

People on here should continue to call out the folly of Johnston's Brexit (and any Brexit if they feel it appropriate) but the one constant and genuine encouragement for all of us is that you provide entertaining and vacuous responses.

I am truly grateful for your political mindset; I would be embarrassed if you expressed similar views to mine; you completely undermine your own arguments with scarcely intelligible dogma and sloppy smut. Keep up the good work....

Jan 30, 2008
People on here should continue to call out the folly of Johnston's Brexit (and any Brexit if they feel it appropriate) but the one constant and genuine encouragement for all of us is that you provide entertaining and vacuous responses.

I am truly grateful for your political mindset; I would be embarrassed if you expressed similar views to mine; you completely undermine your own arguments with scarcely intelligible dogma and sloppy smut. Keep up the good work....

All my fans love me

Regards
DF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It occurred to me today that Metallica have perfectly written lyrics about the post-Brexit gammons. Conveniently from Master of Puppets

Master
Master
Where's the dreams that I've been after?
Master
Master
Promised only lies
Laughter
Laughter
All I hear or see is laughter
Laughter
Laughter
Laughing at my cries

You've lost me now , quoting metallica , big game hunting , American tossers.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Imagine being so desperate to claim something is nothing to do with brexit that you fall for a short Twitter post that fails to mention there is a driver strike that is causing issues in supply chain for some in Belgium. Goodness. Clutching at straws. It is absolutely incredible. Although this would suggest that brexiteers are easily conned by social media.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Imagine being so desperate to claim something is nothing to do with brexit that you fall for a short Twitter post that fails to mention there is a driver strike that is causing issues in supply chain for some in Belgium. Goodness. Clutching at straws. It is absolutely incredible. Although this would suggest that brexiteers are easily conned by social media.

Sssh!

They'll never know if you don't mention it on here!

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/...rrefour-belgium-confirms-supply-difficulties/

There's no doubt that there is also an HGV driver shortage (but not petrol shortage) in mainland Europe. Our shortage is the worst, though, exacerbated by Brexit... bloody Brexit indeed! Do you remember when we were told how much better things would be by now (having left the EU). Most commentators have stopped saying that at least.....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here