Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
How it started..
3f1be07717854449bfff4f071598c6c3.jpg

How it’s going..
5a2cc8e8d509039f539a26b405e6c552.jpg

[emoji636]Born winners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As I predicted, the 5th column collective would be bigging up the SNP and breaking up the UK next....must be a lack of job losses/bad news for them to gleefully post about on the brexit thread.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
As I predicted, the 5th column collective would be bigging up the SNP and breaking up the UK next....must be a lack of job losses/bad news for them to gleefully post about on the brexit thread.

You should have a look at what the piss filled nappies are posting on the Brexit thread,sad bunch of nation loathing wankers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Any hard evidence for this claim, or is it more of your sideline bombast?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Of course the Kremlin has now targeted its bots, agents of influence and useful idiots onto promoting the break up of the UK.

It is the next battle in the hybrid war against us and our allies.

They have already succeeded in their previous Brexit operation though, so they won't be bothering much with UK job losses/bad news at this point. If anything they will be spinning the positives to try to cement their victory.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Now there's some good news. That lack of job losses (slightly) increases the chances of you, POTG? and Ppf finally finding a job then

You should post this good news on the Brexit thread :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All this 5th column talk and nation loathing stuff directed at people that chose not to elect a government that erected customs borders within itself. It has to be a form guilt

Anyone else got a theory on this?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
All this 5th column talk and nation loathing stuff directed at people that chose not to elect a government that erected customs borders within itself. It has to be a form guilt

Shining so bright from being gaslit that they are blinded from their own stupidity.

Maybe the genius has started to see through the Express headlines. That would be a jarring experience into reality.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Victim of Brexit ? Surely she knew what she was voting for/campaigning for/A Brexit party MEP for :facepalm:

A former Brexit Party MEP and owner of a fishing company has said Prime Minister Boris Johnson's deal has left her with "no fish” and the industry “on our knees”.

June Mummery, who campaigned with “Fishing for Leave”, added many will pack up from the sector while waiting for fishing quotas to expire as five years "is a long time when you have nothing". She had claimed leaving the European Union would be beneficial for UK fisheries during the Brexit referendum and later also called for a “hard Brexit”.

But in a new interview with fellow former MEP turned commentator Martin Daubney, Mummery said: "As fishing goes, and if we want to hang on to the industry we have, because five years is a long time when you have nothing. We're on our knees. We've waited 40 years and quite frankly a lot of people will pack up, including myself. I've got no fish."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ive-got-no-fish-%e2%80%93-pro-brexit-fishing-campaigner-discovers-the-reality-of-boris-johnsons-deal/ar-BB1d6rFf?ocid=mailsignout

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remember our Brexit party friend Lance Forman of Forman & Field? Looks like he's getting used to government red tape.

Capture.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Victim of Brexit ? Surely she knew what she was voting for/campaigning for/A Brexit party MEP for :facepalm:

A former Brexit Party MEP and owner of a fishing company has said Prime Minister Boris Johnson's deal has left her with "no fish” and the industry “on our knees”.

June Mummery, who campaigned with “Fishing for Leave”, added many will pack up from the sector while waiting for fishing quotas to expire as five years "is a long time when you have nothing". She had claimed leaving the European Union would be beneficial for UK fisheries during the Brexit referendum and later also called for a “hard Brexit”.

But in a new interview with fellow former MEP turned commentator Martin Daubney, Mummery said: "As fishing goes, and if we want to hang on to the industry we have, because five years is a long time when you have nothing. We're on our knees. We've waited 40 years and quite frankly a lot of people will pack up, including myself. I've got no fish."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ive-got-no-fish-%e2%80%93-pro-brexit-fishing-campaigner-discovers-the-reality-of-boris-johnsons-deal/ar-BB1d6rFf?ocid=mailsignout
* An EEA deal is better than a bad deal *

She should have pushed for EEA membership through the EFTA pillar. Led by fools.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Isn't Johnson arranging a bail out for these victims?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here she was on 1st December, before her recent U-Turn

Very shouty, not so hot on facts. Sound familiar ???

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I don't think they really understand what it means, they heard it somewhere else and are now parroting it ad nauseum because they think it sounds edgy. Probably couldn't even tell us the origins of the term without looking it up when they started losing it. It's just a slight tweak in the language from "traitor" which in their mind makes them sound better / edgier / funnier / more intelligent.

Of course the reality is nobody on either side is a "fifth columnist" and voted the way they did because they believed it to be the best for them. All the ire should be directed at the Government, this shitshow is entirely on them and their aims.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
On the question of vaccines, the UK has undoubtedly done a lot better than the EU in terms of rolling them out. Well done for that! It's worth pointing out, however, that we have paid a lot more than most other countries. The National Audit Office reported that we've so far paid £2.9bn for 267m doses - in other words, £10.86 per dose. Nearly 40% of the vaccines we have bought are the AZ/Oxford version, which we know AZ are selling at about £1.60 each to the EU. Hence, given that the AVERAGE that we're paying is nearly 7 times this figure, you have to conclude that we are paying a huge amount more for the vaccines than the EU. We've also spent an absolute fortune on distribution, etc (in total we've spent nearly £12bn on vaccine development, the shots themselves, and the logistics). The average Brit is probably quite happy with this - and personally I'd rather we over-paid for the vaccines than spayed huge amounts of money on failed systems like Test & Trace (£22bn and counting).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Here she was on 1st December, before her recent U-Turn

Very shouty, not so hot on facts. Sound familiar ???

We didn't get anything in the way of financial services in exchange for screwing over the fish, but still tariff free machego and chorizo sausage. Its not all bad..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here