Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Only another 30 minutes before my children will be stopped from studying, working, living, retiring and being cared for as of right across the most varied and fascinating continent on earth. It's so exciting.

I've kept out of this toxic thread for sometime as I got bored of the insults and 'I know better then you' attitudes but your children can still do all these things - they just have some extra processes to go through to achieve them. For example, I've been looking at getting a property in France for sometime now and have been discussing with a French estate agent. I can still buy the property I've had my eye on ( I probably won't but for non-Brexit reasons ) - I just have some extra paperwork to complete should I proceed. Likewise, Miss WS is looking at a Uni course that includes the 3rd year abroad and the Uni have assured us that she can still do that year in an EU based uni.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Happy UK Customs border day everyone!!!

Still not all bad, I've been reliably informed we can all still buy a second home in the Dordogne...

D

Deleted member 2719

Still not all bad, I've been reliably informed we can all still buy a second home in the Dordogne...

What more could you want.

Glad to see you can now expand your vision to the positive sides.

So are you now go to back our country in every way you can? or will you nip off to your motherland?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

They are going to be quite cheap now too as a bonus.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Despite being told by remainers it's not actually possible ! Still awaiting the house price crash, stock market crash and emergency budget promised by remainers for the moment we voted leave .... which they then said 'oh we meant when we left' .... 31st Jan 2020 .... still nothing .... 'oh we meant when we leave the transition period' ..... I await both crashes and the emergency budget in the next few days !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Despite being told by remainers it's not actually possible ! Still awaiting the house price crash, stock market crash and emergency budget promised by remainers for the moment we voted leave .... which they then said 'oh we meant when we left' .... 31st Jan 2020 .... still nothing .... 'oh we meant when we leave the transition period' ..... I await both crashes and the emergency budget in the next few days !
Er, sorry I'm not having that.

Most of us have claimed it would be gradual process where we fall behind comparable economies over a number of years. It could have got worse quicker if we had left with no deal (funnily enough, now being called "no deal" rather than Australian style, after the fat tw@t avoided it), but now that isn't the case.

Meanwhile, what we are seeing is Tory MPs continuing to treat the electorate as idiots by triumphantly tweeting stuff as big wins when they are nothing of the sort. Grant Schapps has announced as a huge success that HGV lorry drivers don't need certain papers when travelling to the EU - just as they didn't when we were in the EU. Some other Tory tweeting about a Brexit dividend being that a certain type of fishing is now banned in UK waters - omitting that this type of fishing was going to be outlawed in the EU by June anyway. None of them tweeting any tangible wins yet obviously, unless you count the removal of 5% VAT on tampons. :rolleyes:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I've kept out of this toxic thread for sometime as I got bored of the insults and 'I know better then you' attitudes but your children can still do all these things - they just have some extra processes to go through to achieve them. For example, I've been looking at getting a property in France for sometime now and have been discussing with a French estate agent. I can still buy the property I've had my eye on ( I probably won't but for non-Brexit reasons ) - I just have some extra paperwork to complete should I proceed. Likewise, Miss WS is looking at a Uni course that includes the 3rd year abroad and the Uni have assured us that she can still do that year in an EU based uni.

You should have told Boris's dad, he needn't have applied for French Citizenship

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know you've spoken before about your plans to retire to France. Out of interest, how are you planning to go about getting French citizenship ?

And Miss WS should find this Government guide on studying in the EU useful. Obviously, because Erasmus has gone there's still things to be decided. like how much more they will have to pay and whether this will differ by country or institution, but Johnson says this will all be decided before the replacement Turin is rolled out, so probably worth checking regularly because it's still being updated daily.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/study-in-the-european-union#history

It covers residency rules, visa requirements, healthcare, all sorts of useful things for anyone wanting to study for a year in the EU :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I know you've spoken before about your plans to retire to France. Out of interest, how are you planning to go about getting French citizenship ?

And Miss WS should find this Government guide on studying in the EU useful (probably worth checking regularly because it's still being updated daily)

It covers residency rules, visa requirements, healthcare, all sorts of useful things for anyone wanting to study for a year in the EU :thumbsup:

i'm a little confused as to how doing something with barriers and restrictions and is preferable to not having them?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Rule Britannia Britannia rules the waves :clap2:
Regards
DF

EqmnFFiWMAI3017.jpeg

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I think you were told that getting a better deal, a have your cake and eat it type, was not possible. But Johnson and others are now claiming this alternative fact.

Jan 30, 2008

And Miss WS should find this Government guide on studying in the EU useful. Obviously, because Erasmus has gone there's still things to be decided. like how much more they will have to pay and whether this will differ by country or institution, but Johnson says this will all be decided before the replacement Turin is rolled out, so probably worth checking regularly because it's still being updated daily.

All the best Pal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aw8aG5FYlU
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here