Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that's a pledge too far....but maybe every month? could happen.....deluded? maybe but 15 million votes for remain-why so LOW?

It's not a pledge too far, it's complete rubbish. Even before the final result was confirmed, it was admitted. I've never seen a campaign promise broken so quickly. The lies and scaremongering of leave were an absolute disgrace yet got little mention while remain were berated for theirs. This is why I believe (and I'm not alone) that it wasn't a fair campaign.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm watching all this with mild amusement, grabbing a popcorn and all that, but people in Germany are rather pissed off...

... and that's one of the mildest quotations from a German friend. :)

He can't say that, he's German, how dare he tell all us proud Brits what a pig ignorant bunch of idiots some of us are

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Some rules can be bent others broken we will win and lose......all it takes is Greece to collapse completely or an major event or maybe a EU member asking for a referendum....

Britain will still help out with bail outs if it helps prop up the E.U., E.U. collapse is not good for Britain.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Too much sun and Ouzo is never a good thing.
You have just summed up why the feral voted out, one reason and one reason only, shameful, still enjoy your holiday even though you are on the wrong island, hundreds to choose from and just like your ballot paper you made the wrong choice.
Have a Souvlaki Gyro for me.

You seem a little sore, maybe it's you that needs a drink and some sun to cheer yourself up.
Lovely island and lovely people I have to say. Anyway, I'll let you get back to your wallowing, I'm off to enjoy an ouzo and a souvlaki gyro.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really, your bitterness will hopefully wear off. I admitted and still do that i voted for Blair originally, terrible decision, so i will admit in 4 years time that i voted out.

Well good for you. I once bought a Cliff Richard record. Admitting that took some bravery too, I can tell you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The people are fed up with experts.

The Titanic was built by expects, but the Ark was built by an amateur.

The fact that the ark is fictional seemed to be lost by this out voter

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's not a pledge too far, it's complete rubbish. Even before the final result was confirmed, it was admitted. I've never seen a campaign promise broken so quickly. The lies and scaremongering of leave were an absolute disgrace yet got little mention while remain were berated for theirs. This is why I believe (and I'm not alone) that it wasn't a fair campaign.

Much like I and you will be worse off to £4300 per month....in 15 years.........it was however very fair and total in favour of remain from the government.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Britain will still help out with bail outs if it helps prop up the E.U., E.U. collapse is not good for Britain.

Which is why we need out and fast....2 years and get out.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Much like I and you will be worse off to £4300 per month....in 15 years.........it was however very fair and total in favour of remain from the government.

The government were in favour of remain and that obviously helps. This was for a couple of months. Right wing tabloids like the Mail and Sun have been constantly sniping at the EU for 20/30 years.

Personally, I don't think there should have been a referendum. If the Tories had any strength, they would have let their MPs leave to go to UKIP and then called an election saying they are standing on the basis of staying in the EU. If UKIP wanted to leave, they need to get a majority in parliament like all parties do if they want to get their way. Surely the government is better placed to know the facts about the EU than the people of the UK who have to work their way through the arguments and lies.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well good for you. I once bought a Cliff Richard record. Admitting that took some bravery too, I can tell you.

Not as much bravery as was on display at Armed Forces Day today.But don't suppose many Remainers even noticed it was on.They regard patriotism as bigotry!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The government were in favour of remain and that obviously helps. This was for a couple of months. Right wing tabloids like the Mail and Sun have been constantly sniping at the EU for 20/30 years.

Personally, I don't think there should have been a referendum. If the Tories had any strength, they would have let their MPs leave to go to UKIP and then called an election saying they are standing on the basis of staying in the EU. If UKIP wanted to leave, they need to get a majority in parliament like all parties do if they want to get their way. Surely the government is better placed to know the facts about the EU than the people of the UK who have to work their way through the arguments and lies.

I don't think there should have been a referendum on the basis that Cameron would work with the result not skulk off like he will do,that said if his heart is not in it then best go..

As for your suggestion that could come true in future years dependant upon the deal that is struck with the EU..

Jan 30, 2008
completely agree. All i've seen is concern from remain supporters. Leave on the other hand seem to arrogantly believe that because 52% voted for their view, there's nothing to worry about and everything will just fall into place. Sadly, i think they are in for a wake up call.

you had that when you failed to win ???
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not as much bravery as was on display at Armed Forces Day today.But don't suppose many Remainers even noticed it was on.They regard patriotism as bigotry!

I would not serotype them all with that brush myself but share the sentiment.....an easy trap to fall into.....

Jan 30, 2008
i would not be so sure. Negotiations will be hard and the deal on the table will include some form of cash payment into the e.u., which may well be close to the net contribution previously made, free movement of workers, so poles can still come here if they have a job, and that many of our standards and legislation are in line with e.u. Policy, so still dictated to by brussels.
At that point referendum 2 will be demanded as little of what was promised is on offer, and we are likely to vote remain.
In the meantime, no business looking to set up in europe is going to consider the u.k. Some businesses already here may decide to relocate to avoid a potential stranding, and certainly those with multiple offices across e.u. Will not be increasing uk branch numbers. E.u. Offices in the u.k. Will be relocated, and we all look like ****wits to the rest of the world because half of us couldn't work out that this was going to happen.

yes it's all doom and gloom, i wouldn't expect anything less from you :whistle:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Like any divorce the short term is perilous and an unnerving to say the very least ! However with time and the right expert representation the separation will slowly improve and I believe in the long run our children may well actually thank us for having the courage to step away from the troubled relationship. Btw hope there was enough commas?

Well I hope you're right. In support of what you say was a comment a couple of weeks ago from one of the group of eight economists supporting Brexit. Arguing the Brexit case he said that he thought we would be no worse off by 2030 than if we'd stayed in. In fact, he thought with luck we might even reach that point BEFORE 2030. Fab.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you think the PL will be worth being in without the world class players?

Serious question.

Do you think the money will be there?

Yes and Yes..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here