Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
On 24 June 2016 I accepted that Leave got the most votes in the referendum, on 12 December 2019 I accepted that the Conservatives had won the general election and on 31 January I accepted that the UK was no longer a voting member of the European Union. I don't know a single Remain supporter who wouldn't agree with all that.

Hope that helps. Oh, and please accept that several million people will continue to object to what is being done, in the same way that Eurosceptics rans their campaigns over several decades. No one is going away.

I am eagerly awaiting the positives that im sure will be posted by NSC's Brexiteers over the next couple of years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here's a positive, close all the borders and stop fekin free movement of people. #Coronavirus

As of 2 days ago 21 of the 26 Schengen countries had introduced border control.

Britain (who have never been in Schengen :facepalm:) hasn't. Why do I waste my time on trying to educate idiots at my age. I wish I could go out to dinner :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013

Britain hasn't. Why do I waste my time on trying to educate idiots at my age. I wish I could go out to dinner :shrug:

Why indeed!

Italy total cases: 35,713, New cases: 5,322, Total deaths: 3,405, New deaths: 427

Spain and Germany close behind. Why do I waste my time with morons, Europe have cracked it in double quick time. :shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why indeed!

Italy total cases: 35,713, New cases: 5,322, Total deaths: 3,405, New deaths: 427

Spain and Germany close behind. Why do I waste my time with morons, Europe have cracked it in double quick time. :shrug:

What have these figures got to do with these countries' membership of the European Union?

(I haven't read the analysis but I'd have thought that the fact the rates vary so greatly across member states suggests that membership, and FOM, don't drive the statistics.)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
What have these figures got to do with these countries' membership of the European Union?

(I haven't read the analysis but I'd have thought that the fact the rates vary so greatly across member states suggests that membership, and FOM, don't drive the statistics.)

Absolutely feck all, my original point was on free movement which also applies to the rest of the world.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am eagerly awaiting the positives that im sure will be posted by NSC's Brexiteers over the next couple of years.
Here's a positive, close all the borders and stop fekin free movement of people. #Coronavirus

Britain (who have never been in Schengen :facepalm:) hasn't. Why do I waste my time on trying to educate idiots at my age. I wish I could go out to dinner :shrug:
Why indeed!
Absolutely feck all, my original point was on free movement which also applies to the rest of the world.

Now I spend a lot of my time on here, defending Leavers against that awful generalisation that accusation they are all thick.

I'm afraid you really aren't helping my campaign at all :lolol:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

You realise the UK is an island yeah?
Czech Republic (an EU member) has been locked down for a week. Nobody in, or out.
Mostly the virus arrived into the various countries bourne by their own citizens returning from other countries.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Too right. It's what democracy looks like!
Where did the sum of £40 billion come from?
How does a 2025 funding promise for the NHS help with the pandemic right now?
I'm listening, but I'm not hearing any answers....

Sure they said the NHS has whatever it requires money wise to fight this pandemic in the budget and have backed it up since, what does coronavirus have to do with Brexit ???

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

As with most of your posts in this thread you're twisting reality.

Most European borders are just a road with a sign. You could drive through France, Holland, Belgium, Germany etc. as if you were driving through Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire.

To enter this island you have to do so via port and show official documentation. Other countries are just putting in place what already existed here.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Most European borders are just a road with a sign. You could drive through France, Holland, Belgium, Germany etc. as if you were driving through Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire.

To enter this island you have to do so via port and show official documentation. Other countries are just putting in place what already existed here.

They'll be blaming Brexit for everything for the rest of their lives. Everything in the EU is rosy. Everything in the UK is dogshit awful. Best to concentrate on the really important things in life, such as trying like hell not to catch this virus.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

My mate lives in Spain over the winter. He drives back and forth to the UK. He was planning to get return home (via France) earlier this week. He checked out the situation at the border where there are apparently 2 passes. One had a 15 mile tailback; the other a 40 mile tailback. He gave up.

Jan 30, 2008
They'll be blaming Brexit for everything for the rest of their lives. Everything in the EU is rosy. Everything in the UK is dogshit awful. Best to concentrate on the really important things in life, such as trying like hell not to catch this virus.

Jokers the lot of them
Regards
DF

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sure they said the NHS has whatever it requires money wise to fight this pandemic in the budget and have backed it up since, what does coronavirus have to do with Brexit ???

Well, if we had already completed the transition and were out out, and not just out, we probably would not be included in the EU ventilator build and supply scheme, which would likely mean more deaths in the UK. If we were out out, and not just out, customs officers and truckers would probably not be able to be "socially distant" which would likely mean more deaths in the UK, and probably elsewhere in Europe. Then there is the EU workers in the NHS, driving the trucks to supermarkets etc. If we had not wasted billions on no deal planning, our currency devalued etc. we might have been a bit better able to fund the NHS without quite so much borrowing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The whole point of [MENTION=28481]neilbard[/MENTION] little rant on this, the Brexit thread, was that now we aren't members of the EU, one of the benefits was that we could close our borders while the EU couldn't. I simply pointed out that he is factually incorrect.

But, apparently when it's a very simple statement of fact that even you can't deny, it's 'twisting reality' ?

Okey dokey :lolol:

*edit* Maybe you could tell [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION] friend where the drive through Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire is over the Pyrenees :facepalm:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The whole point of [MENTION=28481]neilbard[/MENTION] little rant on this, the Brexit thread, was that now we aren't members of the EU, one of the benefits was that we could close our borders while the EU couldn't. I simply pointed out that he is factually incorrect.

But, apparently when it's a very simple statement of fact that even you can't deny, it's 'twisting reality' ?

Okey dokey :lolol:

*edit* Maybe you could tell [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION] friend where the drive through Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire is over the Pyrenees :facepalm:

None of that makes sense. You've been caught out making stuff up. Most of your rambling posts are fictional but nobody can be bothered to argue, there isn't enough time in the day.

Jan 30, 2008
None of that makes sense. You've been caught out making stuff up. Most of your rambling posts are fictional but nobody can be bothered to argue, there isn't enough time in the day.

It makes perfect sense to old Watford bloke he's still in la la land poor bloke one day he'll wake up to reality :wink:
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here