Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fine.
Western Samoa is done and dusted. New deal on bananas from Jamaica and talks on Icelandic spring water nearing conclusion. Rumours are that we will be importing first grade ice hockey pucks direct from Canada and Australia is ready to dump a million tonnes of butter on us. Only thing that bothers me is....will I still be able to do the ' Euromillions ' lottery?

Sadly, we still have to endure Eurovision though... wish we would " Walk Away " from that.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Are we still Strong & Stable?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sadly, we still have to endure Eurovision though... wish we would " Walk Away " from that.

I hear today BMG have decided the UK entry will be the song "My Last Breath". Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd imagine there's a good chance of 'nul points' this year. I wonder if I can have a bet on that

The irony is not lost on me that by letting the people decide on our European entry we've come last or second last in 3 of the last 4 years. Now they've let the 'experts' (record producers) take over the process.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fine.
Western Samoa is done and dusted. New deal on bananas from Jamaica and talks on Icelandic spring water nearing conclusion. Rumours are that we will be importing first grade ice hockey pucks direct from Canada and Australia is ready to dump a million tonnes of butter on us. Only thing that bothers me is....will I still be able to do the ' Euromillions ' lottery?

"Let them eat hockey pucks"

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Grate news we are pulling out of the eurovision arrest warrent so that means that when are top boys go their for a game with ENGLAND we cannot be nicked so all set for some toe to toe and if you get nicked just show them your BLUE passport so they have to let you go but dont tell the OB as no one likes a grass remember

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/wires...Britain-withdraw-European-Arrest-Warrant.html

Regards

DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The UK is coming out of the European Arrest Warrant. Organised crime, especially the Brits on the Costa del Crime, will be laughing.

[tweet]1233051973248790528[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Before the arrest warrant existed it took 10 years to extradite Rachid Ramda from Britain to France over his role in the 1995 Paris metro bombing. In 2005 it took just 56 days to bring the failed 21/7 London tube bomber Hussain Osman back from Italy to London using an arrest warrant.

Feeling safer already.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd imagine there's a good chance of 'nul points' this year. I wonder if I can have a bet on that

Every chance of that happening, we start on zero and every chance of remaining on zero unless we get a " pity " vote from somewhere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anything is a price worth paying for freedom. Anything. Fact.

:facepalm:

The UK is coming out of the European Arrest Warrant. Organised crime, especially the Brits on the Costa del Crime, will be laughing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You've posted a tweet but failed to put the context - here's the next bit of the text in the article that Otto decided to post a very small selective bit from :

"In a document setting out the UK’s approach to negotiations with the EU, the government said: “The agreement should instead provide for fast-track extradition arrangements, based on the EU’s surrender agreement with Norway and Iceland which came into force in 2019, but with appropriate further safeguards for individuals beyond those in the European arrest warrant.”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You've posted a tweet but failed to put the context - here's the next bit of the text in the article that Otto decided to post a very small selective bit from :

"In a document setting out the UK’s approach to negotiations with the EU, the government said: “The agreement should instead provide for fast-track extradition arrangements, based on the EU’s surrender agreement with Norway and Iceland which came into force in 2019, but with appropriate further safeguards for individuals beyond those in the European arrest warrant.”

When it was pointed out that Britain would be kicked out of the European Arrest Warrant as a result of Brexit a couple of years ago it was dismissed as 'Project Fear' ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44532500

But maybe these better 'fast-track extradition arrangements' that the Government are now saying that they are going to get with the EU are going to be negotiated at the same time as this 'better trade deal' that we are going to get with the EU ???

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Should instead provide etc
That’s not very positive is it? It’s not an agreement as such, yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it’s pretty certain the EU will, and should, tell the U.K. to do one. It’s clear what Boris wants, so we should let him have

Hopefully, the EU can offer an Olive branch that is acceptable and common sense. Boris will have to then come up with some way to reject said Olive branch in such a way that it keeps the Loons of his own party on board plus the disgruntled racists but in doing so, highlighting the obvious fact that they are committing political and economic suicide.….. thus showing the whole Brexit process up as being the sham that it is.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hopefully, the EU can offer an Olive branch that is acceptable and common sense. Boris will have to then come up with some way to reject said Olive branch in such a way that it keeps the Loons of his own party on board plus the disgruntled racists but in doing so, highlighting the obvious fact that they are committing political and economic suicide.….. thus showing the whole Brexit process up as being the sham that it is.

Brexit was dreamt up to save a Tory government, it was used to save a Tory minister and promote himself to Tory PM, It is now being used by a Tory government to get a No Deal and make billions for the Tory party's chums.

Anyone see a common denominator here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here