Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There will no knees up at Coleraine-based MCL InsureTech as it announces moving its EU business to Dublin,

no knees up in Ellesmere port as they announce the Vauxhall Astra Estate production shifts to Germany in 2022,

no knees up at Hitachi in County Durham as another 250 jobs go,

no knees up at BCS Automotive in Burnley the factory closure is announced,

Ad that's just since Monday, meanwhile Flybe gets bailed out and the economy shrinks 0.3%.

F**k time to unleash the potential...

Yeah, but you have a good night fella and don't anything silly

I shall, nothing to daft, few beers, some cracking pubs in Westminster and a few of us are going for a ruby, hopefully get the last train home.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm not sure how nice it will be really. Last time I was in Parliament Square was back in October. It was raining a bit. I was standing quietly there, listening to well-known incendiaries like Caroline Lucas, thinking how pleasant it was that my very existence would be winding the JCPastas of our world into phlegm-spraying incoherence (Blood-stained Geman bitches anyone?), enjoying the company of a million-odd grown-up and perhaps regretful people and - here comes the downside - watching a bunch of Brexit-badged, shaven-headed and tattood Palace types and ex-convicts violently haranguing anyone - females favourite - they vaguely recognised.

There were only about 50 of them - imagine what it will be like when there are hundreds - thousands even! - of their aggressive, triumphant and jeering mates mingling in the crowd.

PS I made up the bit about JCPasta

Just the JCPasta bit eh?...

On our way.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not sure how nice it will be really. Last time I was in Parliament Square was back in October. It was raining a bit. I was standing quietly there, listening to well-known incendiaries like Caroline Lucas, thinking how pleasant it was that my very existence would be winding the JCPastas of our world into phlegm-spraying incoherence (Blood-stained Geman bitches anyone?), enjoying the company of a million-odd grown-up and perhaps regretful people and - here comes the downside - watching a bunch of Brexit-badged, shaven-headed and tattood Palace types and ex-convicts violently haranguing anyone - females favourite - they vaguely recognised.

There were only about 50 of them - imagine what it will be like when there are hundreds - thousands even! - of their aggressive, triumphant and jeering mates mingling in the crowd.

My sincerest condolences ..

pv-rip.jpg
:angel:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Will Tommy Robinson be given a platform like last time the Brextiters all met up?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bongs or no bongs, it’s going to be a great knees up in London that evening, sure there’s gonna be a few woke, tolerant left snowflakes ranting and raving, overall the silent, dignified majority will have a good old booze up, go for a nice ruby and get the rattler home, should be a cracking night.

On our way.

What type of prehistoric WOMBLE do you have to be to think that being 'woke' is a bad thing?

Lets look at the definition of the word Woke:

"alert to injustice in society, especially racism."

So to be aware of things is a negative to you?

Also STFU about the whole 'silent majority'. You're not silent, else you'd not be paying half a bloody million for a bell to ring.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What type of prehistoric WOMBLE do you have to be to think that being 'woke' is a bad thing?

Lets look at the definition of the word Woke:

"alert to injustice in society, especially racism."

So to be aware of things is a negative to you?

Also STFU about the whole 'silent majority'. You're not silent, else you'd not be paying half a bloody million for a bell to ring.

Easy tiger...

On our way.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's interesting that all the people who are chipping in to the "Big Ben Bong fund" clearly haven't worked out that all anyone who disagrees with them is going to use it for is for an "Ask not for whom the bell tolls" gag. Although I don't suppose a love of classic poetry and being the sort who gets their kicks out of hearing a giant bell go BONG is much of a venn diagram.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh you’re quite right, always good form to be as gracious in victory as in defeat. I shall finish work on that Friday and go and savour the atmosphere in the pubs of Westminster, it will be a much deserved do for the nation, made all the sweeter by the fact, that for so many years good people have been vilified by so many of the tolerant, educated establishment, I shall enjoy the evening,have a few beers, go for a ruby and get the train home, the following day will be like a breath of fresh air and the Country will move on and be great again.

On our way.

As I said, some will be graceful... others will make a great noise. The air may be fresh next day but the atmosphere will reflect a schism for some time to come.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
As I said, some will be graceful... others will make a great noise. The air may be fresh but the atmosphere will reflect a schism for some time to come.

Nah, not for Me, stay positive, the world is about to become our oyster once again.

On our way.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sorry what was the question again?

On our way.

Do you think that being aware of injustices is a bad thing?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nah, not for Me, stay positive, the world is about to become our oyster once again.

On our way.

And just reminder us all of where it will become our oyster and with what?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

On our way.

Not sure what you mean... personally I don't begrudge public celebrations; after all there were public celebrations when we joined all those years ago.... but your optimism for the future may be a triumph of hubris over good judgement. We will see.........

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Do you think that being aware of injustices is a bad thing?

If there is no injustice in the first place yes, do you consider the largest democratic mandate ever handed to a Government an injustice?
Some folk love looking to be offended at every given opportunity.
Britain has voted to leave the EU, it was endorsed once again in the European elections last spring,endorsed again in the general election last December. I guess some people are offended by democracy, not Me, love it.

On our way.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If there is no injustice in the first place yes, do you consider the largest democratic mandate ever handed to a Government an injustice?

So by using the term 'woke' with negative connotations, aren't you also surely suggesting that to yourself?

I don't consider it an injustice, to answer your question. Questionable as to the real benefits but not an injustice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here