Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's because they are all thick and ignorant.
They have made a massive mistake because they refused to listen to facts and still do, they had no idea what they were voting for but when it all goes wrong they will blame Europe and remainers.
I have yet to find 1 leave arsewipe that can give me 10 reasons without Google why they want to leave except to 'get back control' and stop immigration.
The stupid b*******s have fallen for all of Johnsons lies, hook, line and sinker.
You only need to look at the posts from knuckle draggers like 2 profs, Mouldy Boots, Bensgrandad etc for proof of pure ignorance.
That insect Fairy thing needs to crawl back under its rock.
No offence intended though.

I’m afraid you’re completely correct.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The delay was 10 months and was primarily caused by Leavers.[/QUOTE]

... and possible the 300+ Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs who voted against it?

Yes, those Tory rebels tipped the balance, but there were a hell of a lot of other MPs who voted it down (Remainers).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Trying to debate anything with some Brexiteers can be a futile task. Portslade Seagull is not alone applying the technique of posting statements that are demonstrably untrue and then, when picked up, simply disappearing, only to return some time later with another pearl.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong this time. Let's see.

In making that comment, you might also have been referring to Johnston or Farage

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Trying to debate anything with some Brexiteers can be a futile task. Portslade Seagull is not alone applying the technique of posting statements that are demonstrably untrue and then, when picked up, simply disappearing, only to return some time later with another pearl.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong this time. Let's see.

What about a Remain supporter on here who said yesterday, that Australia had rejected a trade deal with the UK? When you read the article she posted, you find that Australia had actually rejected freedom of movement, and that a trade deal was still likely.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
That's because they are all thick and ignorant.
They have made a massive mistake because they refused to listen to facts and still do, they had no idea what they were voting for but when it all goes wrong they will blame Europe and remainers.
I have yet to find 1 leave arsewipe that can give me 10 reasons without Google why they want to leave except to 'get back control' and stop immigration.
The stupid b*******s have fallen for all of Johnsons lies, hook, line and sinker.
You only need to look at the posts from knuckle draggers like 2 profs, Mouldy Boots, Bensgrandad etc for proof of pure ignorance.
That insect Fairy thing needs to crawl back under its rock.
No offence intended though.

Surely the blue passports alone make the Brexit project worthwhile?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The delay was 10 months and was primarily caused by Leavers.

... and possible the 300+ Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs who voted against it?

Yes, those Tory rebels tipped the balance, but there were a hell of a lot of other MPs who voted it down (Remainers).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I understand the point you are making but bear in mind that a UK government is effectively created by the Queen on the basis that it can command a majority in Parliament. Theresa May's deal was sunk by members of her majority (mainly leavers) refusing to support it. With respect, it is a bit rich to blame members of Her Majesty's Opposition for opposing a version of Brexit they fundamentally disagreed with. It was down to the government to get its own deal through and it failed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What about a Remain supporter on here who said yesterday, that Australia had rejected a trade deal with the UK? When you read the article she posted, you find that Australia had actually rejected freedom of movement, and that a trade deal was still likely.

I'm sure the poster concerned will deal with this better than me (and by posting the article in question she was clearly not intending to mislead).

Isn't it the case though that the Australians have rejected a fundamental element of the UK proposals for a trade deal and that, until and unless the British scrap that element, the negotiations have ceased to breathe?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure the poster concerned will deal with this better than me (and by posting the article in question she was clearly not intending to mislead).

Isn't it the case though that the Australians have rejected a fundamental element of the UK proposals for a trade deal and that, until and unless the British scrap that element, the negotiations have ceased to breathe?

It was just Liz Truss proving how out of depth she is. Australia has FOM with NZ (4m people), she thought the Ozzies would agree as we've got the Queen

A trade deal will still be complex even with Australia, but don't worry we have plenty of experienced negotiators

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It was just Liz Truss proving how out of depth she is. Australia has FOM with NZ (4m people), she thought the Ozzies would agree as we've got the Queen

A trade deal will still be complex even with Australia, but don't worry we have plenty of experienced negotiators

It's bloody weird, they have been banging on about how much they rate the Aussie points based immigration system, then they ask the Aussies to drop it for us?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

No it isnt the case. It isnt a fundamental element.
The Australians have rejected an element that the Australian trade minister himself did not even think would actually be proposed by the UK or on the table anyway when the negotiations commence properly. It was Liz Truss that floated the idea last year and she quickly backtracked on it when Downing street told her off.
The Australian trade minister himself whilst rejecting this notion was confident a FTA could be completed by the time the transition period ends in December and initial trade talks between Australia and the UK are still ongoing in a Trade Working Group format before actual trade negotiations can start after we have left.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Getting closer .. so excited. :cool:

brexit-clock-300.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Until the trade is accepted, it is rejected. It may only be one element of it, but that is still stopping it being accepted.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You are right of course, but history is (re)written by the 'winners'; you cannot expect anyone with an agenda to reflect objectively on the past. Remainers and Europe will be blamed for all sorts of things in the future, both in Parliament and on here because that narrative will suit the turn of the Leave ideology.
Makes you wonder how much power the Tories need before they actually start taking responsibility for stuff? More to the point when do their supporters begin to hold them responsible?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Until the trade is accepted, it is rejected. It may only be one element of it, but that is still stopping it being accepted.

LOL- what a negative outlook you have
In that case we havnt accepted a deal for Jamie Vardy and therefore the deal to sign him is officially rejected even though negotiations to sign Vardy havnt commenced and its highly unlikely Leicester are even thinking about selling him to us anyway.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The make-up of the 2017 parliament was decided, like all parliaments, by the reply the public gave when asked who they wanted to represent them. In 2019 Boris Johnson decided he didn't like the answer the public gave two years earlier and persuaded the HoC to allow the question to be asked again, in the hope that the public gave the 'right' answer this time.

And there was me thinking it was undemocratic to keep holding votes until you got the answer you wanted. Loads of people must be spitting feathers about Boris doing that.

What? No?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And there was me thinking it was undemocratic to keep holding votes until you got the answer you wanted. Loads of people must be spitting feathers about Boris doing that.

What? No?

I doubt loads of people are daft enough to think a one off binary option Referendum on a specific question and a General election that can be held numerous times are the same thing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I doubt most people are daft enough to think a one off binary option Referendum on a specific question and a General election that can be held numerous times are the same thing.

I think most people can see the irony of the situation. Well unless they have to square it away with themselves somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here