Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Let's go back a bit.

Remember when anti-Brexit campaigners said that Boris Johnson was going to get Parliament to approve his deal, and then not bring forward the legislation to impliment the deal?

This was his devious and maniacal plan to ensure the No Deal he secretly wanted.

Well now he has an 80 seat majority and can do what he wants.

So why have none of those anti-Brexit campaigners who suggested that this was going to happen not mentioned it now? Surely now it's inevitable? He doesn't need to bring the deal forward any longer.

But he will won't he. Because it was all complete and utter bollocks. They know it, and they knew it at the time they were trying to scare the crap out of everyone.

Boris caved in when May wouldn’t on border in the Irish Sea but fooled the public into thinking it was brilliant negotiation. Maybe he can sign up to everything the EU demand and do the same again! Let’s hope so.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
As I kept saying reap what you sow as the deluded on here got ever more delusional ,totally out of touch with the real world too wrapped up in the bubble of the peoples republic of Brighton and Hove
Regards
DF

Genuine question - what are the things that currently directly negatively impact your day to day life that are the cause of us being in the EU? I ask this because I am genuinely wanting to understand what as individuals we will gain once we leave the EU.

I am not on some remainer campaign I am just wanting to understand the real benefits of leaving.

And in a way want to understand how much of impact on our daily lives being part of the EU has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Boris caved in when May wouldn’t on border in the Irish Sea but fooled the public into thinking it was brilliant negotiation. Maybe he can sign up to everything the EU demand and do the same again! Let’s hope so.

NI didn't want to be treated differently from the rest of the UK. They won't be. The "border" down the Irish sea is effectively a UK internal border. NI is out of the EU, the need for a border between Ireland and NI is mitigated, and at the same time NI remains in the UK Customs territory and leaves the EU along with the rest of the UK.

Boris didn't cave he used a level of imagination and determination which May lacked.

The fact that the EU were fine with this arrangement doesn't make it a bad one, a good negotiated position is one which is agreeable to both sides.

The same will be true of any trade deal. I don't see any problems down the line in respect of a trade deal, especially since now the EU will no longer be working to undermine Brexit i the hope they can reverse it, it's happening.

They will probably want some forms of alignment in some areas. I expect most of that will not be a problem, in many of those areas the way the EU deals with things will be the same as the way we would intend to anyway. Anything we agree to will be voluntary. It will only be legally binding so long as we and the EU consider the trade deal to be neccessary. If the people of the UK, or the Commission of the EU (the people don't have a say in the EU), decide that things are no longer in their interests, both sides always have the freedom to walk away.

In the end compromise will win out, both sides will end up satisfied and we can move forward as friends and neighbours with a good working relationship while at the same time respecting one anothers boundaries. Not tied together, just voluntarily holding hands. The basis of any good relationship.

Personally, that's all I ever wanted from all of this.

Jan 30, 2008
Genuine question - what are the things that currently directly negatively impact your day to day life that are the cause of us being in the EU? I ask this because I am genuinely wanting to understand what as individuals we will gain once we leave the EU.

I am not on some remainer campaign I am just wanting to understand the real benefits of leaving.

And in a way want to understand how much of impact on our daily lives being part of the EU has had.

Look back over the last three years to see the impact of being in the EU has had on the country take a look at Doctors surgerys, public transport, low wages apart from that not a lot
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Essentially three and a half years was spent deciding whether to have a customs union or not, in the end Boris gave up, broke his promise and carved up the United KIngdom instead. What a masterstroke...

Back at No.10 the place is filling up with unelected bureaucrats, Morgan, Goldsmith, Cummins, you couldn't make this sh1t up

#takingbackcontrol

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

The government will have one less thing to deflect the blame onto.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Corrected for you.

He’s just whistling past the graveyard. He’s fooked once the Tory’s have unadulterated authority. Our welfare system , which he lives off , will be in tatters.

Ppf is loud and obnoxious because he’s a terrified little man who understands very little but just enough to know he’s in for a terrible time. However, because he’s a racist buffoon he had to vote leave.

Must be an agonising situation. Knowing voting Leave will ruin you but being compelled to do so because you’re a thick racist.

Strange days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Look back over the last three years to see the impact of being in the EU has had on the country take a look at Doctors surgerys, public transport, low wages apart from that not a lot
Regards
DF

And maybe you could explain how the EU controls UK spending on Doctors and Public transport ?

And why would low wages have any effect on you ? That only affects workers :lolol:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And maybe you could explain how the EU controls UK spending on Doctors and Public transport ?

And why would low wages have any effect on you ? That only effects workers :lolol:

In fact the U.K. has been fined over 200 times for mis-spending EU money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here