Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I know you cant fathom it. There are two different ideologies clashing heads here, the one group that thinks referendum decisions should always be respected and enacted and the other who believe referendum decisions should always be respected and enacted except if they lose in which case there should be a way to do it again and get the “correct” result.

Why should something that has been clearly showed to be flawed be respected, when it really doesn't have to be? That is pretty ridiculous, to be honest. What is wrong with taking new factors into account and having the option to reconsider? I would say exactly the same had the result (and ensuing information) been reversed.
It really is a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, in this situation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At what cost

I believe, from memory, that the Labour proposals at the last election were about £20 billion. Johnson's promises made during his leadership campaign have been costed between £50 - £60 billion (and rising). I don't think querying Labour's fiscal rectitude is a weapon that's going to be used in this campaign

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Don’t need another referendum just let parliament and the executive finish the job they are supposed to do from the decision given by the IN/OUT referendum. It is now in their court to sort out the details and carry out the instruction given.
Still getting mixed messages from some remainers, on the one hand referendums are dreadful, we shouldn’t have them at all and the people are too stupid to decide such important matters so let parliament make the important decisions, that’s what we elect them for…….on the other, lets take the decision out of parliaments hands and use the process again we hate and don’t want anymore of and we are perfectly capable of deciding even though we the public are too stupid.
And thats before you factor in everyone seems to have a different version of what referendum question would even be asked.

Much like the original

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
so you think we're not leaving the EU then ?
regards
DL

Did I say that? No wonder you seem to have trouble grasping basic facts if reading is a problem.

You keep saying "Leave Means Leave" as if things could ever be that simple. The whole problem is that people can't agree what Leave actually means. Would you be happy to leave if it costs £250 billion for the next twenty years? And even if you did, do you think a majority would? There are many different opinions on what Leave should look like. So until what Leave means can be agreed on, you sound particular stupid to keep saying Leave Means Leave as it suggests you don't have a clue what is going on.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why should something that has been clearly showed to be flawed be respected, when it really doesn't have to be? That is pretty ridiculous, to be honest. What is wrong with taking new factors into account and having the option to reconsider? I would say exactly the same had the result (and ensuing information) been reversed.
It really is a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, in this situation.

Oddly enough i dont believe you that you would have wanted the referendum decision reconsidered if you had won.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
so you think we're not leaving the EU then ?
regards
DL

You've said 'leave means leave'. Why not make
It your signature ? It would save you much time.

Actually, as you, unlike many other 'leavers', have contributed nothing to this column in three years, why not just leave it there ?

The October 31st bet is still on, by the way. And I'll treble what you wager. Proceeds to charity as stated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the Tory leader of Kent County Council has suddenly announced today he's standing down next month. I'm sure that's purely coincidental timing and nothing to do with Brexit and things that could happen next month in Kent. :whistle:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I believe, from memory, that the Labour proposals at the last election were about £20 billion. Johnson's promises made during his leadership campaign have been costed between £50 - £60 billion (and rising). I don't think querying Labour's fiscal rectitude is a weapon that's going to be used in this campaign
People don't understand the difference between public spending and purchasing profitable assets in the public's best interests. They also don't understand who these show on the balance sheets.

So you're wasting your breath.

#noredmoneytree #bluemoneyrainforestthoough

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oddly enough i dont believe you that you would have wanted the referendum decision reconsidered if you had won.

Oddly enough, I'm not blinkered to new information that may have been available to me, and, if I considered it valid, I would have no hesitation in giving people another vote.
Anything else would be churlish in the extreme, and I'm sure you would agree.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Let's be honest, Brexiters got their wish and we voted leave. They were given and inch and they ran an effing mile. They took the absolute piss ignoring 49% of the public existed and tried to inflict a no deal.

And now they might end up with remain as a result. How's that for irony.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oddly enough, I'm not blinkered to new information that may have been available to me, and, if I considered it valid, I would have no hesitation in giving people another vote.
Anything else would be churlish in the extreme, and I'm sure you would agree.

You are fully entitled to campaign to rejoin the EU after we have left. It will be a perfect opportunity for you to vote on the information you will have on what life is like for the UK being a non member. There is no new information about the functions of the EU that would make me want to rejoin......ever.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely ridiculous comment. Explains a lot.

You can’t really call facts backed up by RCN, WHO, and the former Health Minister ridiculous. Well, you can. But then you’ve gotten used to denying reality by now.

It is impossible to debate with someone who refuses to acknowledge the existence of facts.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here