Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m not heart broken, that’s a bit excessive, but I can acknowledge it’s a shit way to treat an 87 year old in her situation.
Well yeah, I could go with 'we should try and treat people like that better'.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well thats going to annoy the hell out of Watford zero who laughed at the notion that we actually set our own import tariff rates.

What you saying? Watford Zero has been talking a load of rubbish!

Never! Who'd have thought that.

He knows everything there is to know about Brexit, Tariffs, importing etc etc. :moo:

I don't what to think now.:eek:

Next you will be saying the EU won't want to open new trade deals with us straight away if we leave without a deal, and temporary remove all tariffs from within the EU.

Who'd have seen that coming. Not the thickie uneducated, knuckle dragging, Brexiteers obviously!

It's a bit like another doughnut on here who insisted we couldn't start trade deals until after 29th March, yet we have already started signing.

Next they will be believing the chancellors latest round of project fear that austerity will continue for many years if we leave without a deal...... although are the super smart Remainers starting to see through that position, after all the previous scare stories have so far fallen a bit flat!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm so far out of my comfort zone here, but that's doesn't half read like incredibly bad news all round.
The only reason that makes me doubt that is it would seem to bring me in line with Michael Gove, hence the doubt.

Sounds to me like economic suicide for home production. Surely they wouldn't do this?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It will ruin any manufacturing and agriculture we have left.

Since you appear to be the only one privy to what the import rates are that will be reduced and applied to specific goods, which UK manufactured and agricultural products are going to be ruined?
Or are you simply moaning for the sake of it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since you appear to be the only one privy to what the import rates are that will be reduced and applied to specific goods, which UK manufactured and agricultural products are going to be ruined?

Defra is making plans to slaughter new born lambs due this month, because there will be no market for them with No Deal. Do some research.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

No, as posted earlier in the thread, this is the Patrick Minford, the economics guru behind Vote Leave, master plan. He says that the collapse of farming and manufacturing is a price worth paying for the cheap goods and food that is going to flood the UK.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Defra is making plans to slaughter new born lambs due this month, because there will be no market for them with No Deal. Do some research.

Try and do some thinking,why have you gone off on a tangent onto something unrelated from the import rates. Try and stick to what you were asked. Since you claim to know, which UK manifactured and agricultural products are going to ruined because of these applied import rates that were roughly outlined by sky news.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, as posted earlier in the thread, this is the Patrick Minford, the economics guru behind Vote Leave, master plan. He says that the collapse of farming and manufacturing is a price worth paying for the cheap goods and food that is going to flood the UK.

I was asking which products are going to be ruined because of these import rate reductions.....which we dont yet know what the rate will be, considering someone just said as a direct result of the announced import rate reductions(by sky news) it will be the end of manufacturing and agriculture that we have left.
How can you tell which UK goods are going to be ruined by the reduced rates, when you dont know what the rates are and you dont know which homegrown products will be protected by not reducing the rates.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was asking which products are going to be ruined because of these import rate reductions.....which we dont yet know what the rate will be, considering someone just said as a direct result of the announced import rate reductions(by sky news) it will be the end of manufacturing and agriculture that we have left.
How can you tell which UK goods are going to be ruined by the reduced rates, when you dont know what the rates are and you dont know which homegrown products will be protected by not reducing the rates.

I have no idea. It's not my proposal

You should ask Minford or the Vote Leave people - they're the ones who are talking about it

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have no idea. It's not my proposal

You should ask Minford or the Vote Leave people - they're the ones who are talking about it

Thats what i was getting at, you cant possibly know the effects on howgrown products directly due to import rates until the applied import rates are announced. The government havnt said what the applied rates will yet be and will announce these "no deal" rates if Mays deal is rejected. To say these rates set by the UK gov will ruin the last of UK manufacturing and agriculture when the rates specific to products are unknown is just daft.........or moaning for the sake of it

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Who needs a car industry or acriculture anyway?

Car industry owned by foreign companies. Hmmm always going to happen when things go pear shaped at home. Diesel cars literally dying a death meaning lack of work for their own so easy answer is to ship all production back home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Zealotry trumps sanity in the Cult of Brexit, sadly.
Although it I reassuring that point scoring over a piece with no named sources is more important than the actual content.

It's either bullshite or potentially very damaging but that's not important enough for this thread.

(Oh I guess it might be a good thing, I'll just have to wait for someone to explain how)

#I'mGonnaGetMyBrotherOnYou.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tariffs to zero on 90% of goods in the event of no deal...

Christ, is this one desperate attempt to try and bounce MP's to vote for her crap deal?

Still if everyone in manufacturing loses their jobs there is the £1.6B hardship fund to help everyone out

That would also be a great deal for developing countries, they'd will be queues for our goods and services, just you wait, Bye any leverage on trade deals

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Minister on Radio 4 just as much confirming that the Tariff removal plan is true.

Made some vague comment about protecting "ceramics".

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here