Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well last month they were neck and neck, the trend is Ford is still losing share and VW is gaining. I'm a bad car buyer, 2001 Golf with 250k and still going strong

It's utterly ridiculous to use one months figures to suggest a trend. Otherwise you might as well suggest Lotus are outperforming everyone else with a 120% increase !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But according to you we're staying in The EEA and everything that entails, so what's Theresa May's problem with Freedom of Movement?

i dont think May has a problem with freedom of movement, some brexiteers do on matter of principle (because its a core sovereignty issue, determining who is, isn't a citizen and rights they entail). it was covered in the joint report, there would be continuation of rights for resident citizens upto the date of withdrawal. we haven't got to the date of withdrawal yet, its to be negotiated as part of the transition period. Barnier thought its was a good idea to highlight this means citizens rights continue through that period, which ruffled the brexiteers. you tell me why he thought it needed to be brought up.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i dont think May has a problem with freedom of movement, some brexiteers do on matter of principle (because its a core sovereignty issue, determining who is, isn't a citizen and rights they entail). it was covered in the joint report, there would be continuation of rights for resident citizens upto the date of withdrawal. we haven't got to the date of withdrawal yet, its to be negotiated as part of the transition period. Barnier thought its was a good idea to highlight this means citizens rights continue through that period, which ruffled the brexiteers. you tell me why he thought it needed to be brought up.

But the date of withdrawal is in the thread title - The other Brexiteers on this thread have stated that's set in stone and will happen, so obviously it will. The EU27 have stated that the transitional period will mean following all Single Market rules, including FOM, as part of it's negotiation demands, despite Brandon Lewis among others already stating months back it would end in March 2019. It always seemed rather obvious to me any transitional deal would involve adhering to The EU status quo during that time, though that's up for negotiation too apparently according to the other Brexiteers on this thread who, unlike you for some reason, don't think we'll be staying in the EEA.

But as according to you we are, so what's the fuss on either side as FOM and ECJ jurisdiction will be continuing in the future anyway. In that case Barnier is just stating the bleedin' obvious. I suspect Jacob Rees-Mogg may have other ideas though contrary to this........................

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But the date of withdrawal is in the thread title - The other Brexiteers on this thread have stated that's set in stone and will happen, so obviously it will. The EU27 have stated that the transitional period will mean following all Single Market rules, including FOM, as part of it's negotiation demands, despite Brandon Lewis among others already stating months back it would end in March 2019. It always seemed rather obvious to me any transitional deal would involve adhering to The EU status quo during that time, though that's up for negotiation too apparently according to the other Brexiteers on this thread who, unlike you for some reason, don't think we'll be staying in the EEA.

But as according to you we are, so what's the fuss on either side as FOM and ECJ jurisdiction will be continuing in the future anyway. In that case Barnier is just stating the bleedin' obvious. I suspect Jacob Rees-Mogg may have other ideas though contrary to this........................

Interesting reading that EU based Brits aren't exactly pleased with what May has been coming out with recently regarding FOM.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Meanwhile before we go the transition December's little agreement need to be made legally binding

Jan 30, 2008
What a bunch of straw clutching deluded Grizzlers, still waiting on lord haw haw to explain what he finds difficult in the word leave ,the word that the referendum vote was for
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Very funny. An open trade deal with China. :lolol: May & her flunkies are desperately groveling for second rate scraps. The UK is already a dumping ground for poor quality Chinese tat & patent knock off goods. That's inside the godam customs union! The UK have their backs against the wall and other countries know this. They will get royally screwed over in any negotiations to come.

Maybe Mayhem will offer some of Leadsoms innovative jam as part of any deal?

Almost feel sorry for the Little Eurolanders stuck behind their protectionist wall. Obsessed with their doomed political project.

EU_share_of_world_GDP_K2T2Vlp.png

EU_growth_vs_ROW_v2.png

Fortunately the patriotic, democracy-loving Brexiteers have a broader outward-looking vision. Maintaining good trade links with our European friends and their declining club while having the freedom to forge our own deals with the fastest growing economies around the world. Global Britain :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's utterly ridiculous to use one months figures to suggest a trend. Otherwise you might as well suggest Lotus are outperforming everyone else with a 120% increase !

And Caterham!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Almost feel sorry for the Little Eurolanders stuck behind their protectionist wall. Obsessed with their doomed political project.

EU_growth_vs_ROW_v2.png

Fortunately the patriotic, democracy-loving Brexiteers have a broader outward-looking vision. Maintaining good trade links with our European friends and their declining club while having the freedom to forge our own deals with the fastest growing economies around the world. Global Britain :thumbsup:

Marvellous post.Thank God we are leaving the ever-declining EU,and joining the ever-expanding global economies.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

EU_growth_vs_ROW_v2.png

Bind yourself to the economic retards of the world.... or enjoy the full opportunities for healthy long term growth?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's right - dismiss as experts if any data or forecast shows as being negative about the Brexit ideological project vs grasp the straw with both hands if aforementioned experts are showing anything as perceived positive.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's right - dismiss as experts if any data or forecast shows as negative about the Brexit ideological project vs grasp the straw with both hands if aforementioned experts are showing anything as perceived positive.

Then repeat.

or simply fail to engage in any sensible discussion about the facts and repeat your feeble Tory-hating mantras and cream yourself in the echo chambers of the loony left.

Then repeat.

(p.s. those inconvenient truths are published by the IMF)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
or simply fail to engage in any sensible discussion about the facts and repeat your feeble Tory-hating mantras and cream yourself in the echo chambers of the loony left.

Then repeat.

Discussion about facts that you dismiss as just #fakenews or #experts or whatever else you do to spin them away? Please.

As for for creaming yourself in an echo chamber - I think you're quite adroit at that with yours and your chums Guido Fawkes blog site fetish. :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
(p.s. those inconvenient truths are published by the IMF)

The IMF? Remind me what they said pre-referendum, because you like to go on about that and dismiss those and other forecasts etc as #experts and #projectfear.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i forgot we cant have grown up discussion here, so i leave you to it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here