Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Of course they will, but at higher prices, or by Britain doing a deal where we keep the same standards, as would make sense. Except for the ideological Brexit barrier of not being subject to EU law or contributing to the EU budget.

My local pharmacist says the price we pay for generic drugs is far better than anybody else in Europe and the move towards EU standardisation would have drastically put up the price burden on the NHS budget.More suppliers generally means more competitive pricing,leaving slack in the budget for 'lifestyle drugs'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
there is no practical reason why we could not unilaterally adopt standards without being subject to EU law. yes, we wouldnt be able to influence, but thats another issue, one that might be quid pro quo for UK involvement in trials.

What a fine idea.

Then we could save more time and money by unilaterally adopting standards without being subject to EU law for Cars, Food additives, White Goods etc etc and have no influence on those rules.

Hang about, what was it that TM agreed to on 8th Dec 2016 to let negotiations progress to the 2nd stage :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My local pharmacist says the price we pay for generic drugs is far better than anybody else in Europe and the move towards EU standardisation would have drastically put up the price burden on the NHS budget.More suppliers generally means more competitive pricing,leaving slack in the budget for 'lifestyle drugs'.

You do know that we are currently in the EU and currently adhere to EU standards, do you :facepalm:

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on this thread, I'll be back when the democratically elected Tory Government announce that they want a referendum on their hard negotiated Brexit terms because they aren't going to take responsibility for it themselves :wave:

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You do know that we are currently in the EU and currently adhere to EU standards do you :facepalm:

What are you dribbling on about?What has that got to do with the prices Great Britain pays for generic drugs?:lolol::facepalm:
Perhaps you should remember to take yours!:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The “6 months” being spoken about is relating to licensing and therefore on-patent pharmaceutics. Not “generics”

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You do know that we are currently in the EU and currently adhere to EU standards, do you :facepalm:

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on this thread, I'll be back when the democratically elected Tory Government announce that they want a referendum on their hard negotiated Brexit terms because they aren't going to take responsibility for it themselves :wave:

Wow those anti-arthritis drugs really work-best swerve I've ever seen.See you back on here when hell freezes over then,at least under this user.:bigwave:

Jan 30, 2008
you do know that we are currently in the eu and currently adhere to eu standards, do you :facepalm:

Anyway, i've wasted enough time on this thread, i'll be back when the democratically elected tory government announce that they want a referendum on their hard negotiated brexit terms because they aren't going to take responsibility for it themselves :wave:
clinging on like a bit of shit to a blanket :facepalm:
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
First it was Rees-Mogg calling the shots, now Paterson. The Tory backbench, Eurosceptic freakoids aren't happy tonight. :(

[tweet]956580635635863554[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First it was Rees-Mogg calling the shots, now Paterson. The Tory backbench, Eurosceptic freakoids aren't happy tonight. :(

[tweet]956580635635863554[/tweet]

This will be the year of Tory bed wetting on the right. The cast was set in December, a lot of Brexiteers are going to be very disappointed at where things are going to end up.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This will be the year of Tory bed wetting on the right. The cast was set in December, a lot of Brexiteers are going to be very disappointed at where things are going to end up.

It's DEFCON 2.5 and rising on the post Brexit febrility scale as Faisal Islam put it earlier.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here