Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
you're choosing to ignore concepts of democracy because results doesn't suit your view.
I don't give a monkeys if we leave or not. I'm pretty ambivalent. But what is clear is that this is an omnishambles of gargantuan proportions that has triggered a massive crisis.

All ultimately caused by politicians putting their own agendas ahead of the national interest

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't give a monkeys if we leave or not. I'm pretty ambivalent. But what is clear is that this is an omnishambles of gargantuan proportions that has triggered a massive crisis.

All ultimately caused by politicians putting their own agendas ahead of the national interest

Your last line says it all. You had a party that hadn't won an election in 23 years and would literally do anything possible to try to get elected, they then try and destroy the rule of parliament as it suited their agenda of the moment, and then call another election attempting an opportunist power grab resulting a huge own goal

Our reputation on the planet is in tatters, just hope there is a way out

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Because it doesn't suit your agenda, it means nothing. Brilliant.

It doesn't quite say what you are making out it says. It reveals 47% of people disagree with Brexit and only 44% want a Brexit. So it actually fits my agenda bang on. How many would want us to just "get on with it" if they thought they could change things at a second referndum? That's the real question and the only meaningful one.

Anyway, if 70% of the population want us to leave as you falsely claim, let's have another referendum and get that mandate Brexit needs? What's to lose?

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It doesn't quite say what you are making out it says. It reveals 47% of people disagree with Brexit and only 44% want a Brexit. So it actually fits my agenda bang on. How many would want us to just "get on with it" if they thought they could change things at a second referndum? That's the real question and the only meaningful one.

Anyway, if 70% of the population want us to leave as you falsely claim, let's have another referendum and get that mandate Brexit needs? What's to lose?

I give up. I don't 'ignore' anyone but I won't be responding to your posts (other than anything necessary as a 'mod').

D

Deleted member 22389

One thing that would piss me off more than anything else would be a second referendum, principal of the matter and not being able to accept that first result. I will also add, I don't think I'm going to get the Brexit I voted for anyway, too much scaremongering and negativity has passed under the bridge now, there will be some sort of deal, but you know what if that stops the remoaning I'm up for that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just wait till we get our amazing deal and it will be at least 70%, the result of ratification vote will never be in doubt

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I give up. I don't 'ignore' anyone but I won't be responding to your posts (other than anything necessary as a 'mod').

That's a pretty childish reaction. You misinterpreted the figures that you thought supported your argument but in fact supported the opposite, so you "give up". And a mod to boot. Classy. Don't worry, I am more than happy not to be getting another nonsense reaction from you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why would the EU be worried about May? A joke PM with no mandate from her own population even.

I don't know the answer, but other than Macron (where the electoral system dictates that he has >50%), how many of the EU leaders have 43% of their electorate who of voted for them?

edit: just looked up Merkel in 2013... she got 41%

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't know the answer, but other than Macron (where the electoral system dictates that he has >50%), how many of the EU leaders have 43% of their electorate who of voted for them?

edit: just looked up Merkel in 2013... she got 41%
Throw away the statistics and numbers and let's look at what we have. We have a PM who boasted of her Strong and Stable governance who can't argue her policies in open debate and lacks the conviction and intellect to operate other than in coached soundbites.
Who is now in thrall to a small group of creationist bigots with close links to terrorism in order to hang on to power at all costs.

In the normal scheme of things she would never had a chance to make PM but thanks to Tory bloodletting she is King Ralph, and Chancey Gardener rolled in to one, ( look them up) promoted above her abilities but with no Hollywood ending. Frankly, she doesn't do " people " and God does it show.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Throw away the statistics and numbers and let's look at what we have. We have a PM who boasted of her Strong and Stable governance who can't argue her policies in open debate and lacks the conviction and intellect to operate other than in coached soundbites.
Who is now in thrall to a small group of creationist bigots with close links to terrorism in order to hang on to power at all costs.

In the normal scheme of things she would never had a chance to make PM but thanks to Tory bloodletting she is King Ralph, and Chancey Gardener rolled in to one, ( look them up) promoted above her abilities but with no Hollywood ending. Frankly, she doesn't do " people " and God does it show.

I'd rather stick with 'statistics and numbers' aka FACTS rather than wildly speculative and rabid opinion, if it's all the same to you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd rather stick with 'statistics and numbers' aka FACTS rather than wildly speculative and rabid opinion, if it's all the same to you.
Oops, to have one Titanic sunk because of stupidity is bad enough, but two is just careless.
Can you not see the that we have a PM with NO credibility trying to negotiate the most important trade negotiations in 50 years?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She has a job to do, and she is getting on with it.
Sounds like you have bought in to the new post election soundbite/mantra? Well done. This country needs mindless automatons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here