Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I will try to get my sources from another outlet, although you seem to have so many on your blacklist it might prove tricky. I do believe that a similar story was reported in the Guardian, these usually prompt no response from posters with a similar view to you.

I don't want to cause you unnecessary trouble.

There are bound to be plenty of posturing comments from both sides before the negotiations get started. Of course I don't object to the media reporting these. Want I don't like is the aggressive and inflammatory tone of the Express and others. Even in the extracts you show there are nasty threats, extraordinary threats... the aim is to create an atmosphere of bullying and intimidation in the hope that the Brits retaliate. Undoubtedly there are some mainland tabloids pouring out similar stuff about aggressive and crude Brits. It's all horrible.

Jan 30, 2008
With our diverging views you've got plenty of reasons to have a pop at me but I'm not sure why you're pursuing this angle.

"Originator of the action". By this I mean the tabling of A50, which of course followed the referendum. There was no criticism implied in my expression, and no disagreement between us.

I don't want the EU to fail for two reasons. One, because I believe that it is a force for good and will over time benefit all its members and, two, because a collapse would cause the UK serious economic harm. In the circumstances can't really understand why any British citizen would want the EU to fail.

Regarding the economic and political punishment I'm going to have to ask you to tell me where I accept, casually or otherwise, that the UK might deserve it. All I have said is that both sides will fight for the best deal for themselves.

The tabloids will try to pretend that nasty foreign people are going to be vindictive for the sake of it - because they hate us basically - and are happy to damage themselves if they can stick one on the Brits, but that's just predictable posturing, surely?
YOU REALLY ARE A BORE, stop wasting your time and get a grip and jump on board the life boat before the Cruise ship EU FLOUNDERS ON THE ROCKS:nono:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I tell you what, it would be really something if we could get this thread up to a million views. Can I launch the last lap with a few words in praise of Pretty Pink Fairy? Um. "His posts are very concise."

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
A dose of reality from Ken Clarke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTIhZLqkcw

Or will we wake up in wonderland in 2019?

It's hard for Clarke. He's seeing his lifelong dream fall apart. Unfortunately for him his lifelong dream became a forty years plus nightmare for this country. It's clearly too late for him to admit how mistaken he's been and grasp the future of freedom before us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I tell you what, it would be really something if we could get this thread up to a million views. Can I launch the last lap with a few words in praise of Pretty Pink Fairy? Um. "His posts are very concise."

I must agree with you there.(are we there yet?)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's hard for Clarke. He's seeing his lifelong dream fall apart. Unfortunately for him his lifelong dream became a forty years plus nightmare for this country. It's clearly too late for him to admit how mistaken he's been and grasp the future of freedom before us.

I'm really sorry the last 40 years have been so difficult. In what specific and tangible ways has the EU made them such a nightmare for you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm really sorry the last 40 years have been so difficult. In what specific and tangible ways has the EU made them such a nightmare for you?

Yeah take us back to 1973 Britain was so much better back then. Ken can just see a car crash in slow motion, was in Tesco's at lunchtime hope everyone is loving the higher prices

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice to see there's still one decent Lib-Dem!
notfallonorclegg.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah take us back to 1973 Britain was so much better back then. Ken can just see a car crash in slow motion, was in Tesco's at lunchtime hope everyone is loving the higher prices

Why,has petrol gone up?Thought you only shopped at Waitrose.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

what the price of petrol/ diesel ... The rising price of Oil per barrel has nothing to do with this then ??

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yeh, do take us back to 1973 - everything was SO much cheaper in Tescos then. Those 40 years in the EEC/EU saw huge price rises though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here