Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brest vs Sturm Graz in the CL

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last night, whilst watching the Arsenal game,I did think "Can I make up a team of ex-Albion players playing in the Champions League this week?"

That led me to check up on where Maty Ryan had gone (Roma) to see if I could find a goalkeeper for that imaginary side. I couldn't.

If we broaden the brief also to include current Albion players on loan, bringing Scherpen into play, it might be possible to get an XI together. Anyone?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last night, whilst watching the Arsenal game,I did think "Can I make up a team of ex-Albion players playing in the Champions League this week?"

That led me to check up on where Maty Ryan had gone (Roma) to see if I could find a goalkeeper for that imaginary side. I couldn't.

If we broaden the brief also to include current Albion players on loan, bringing Scherpen into play, it might be possible to get an XI together. Anyone?
Almost....

....................................Scherpen............................................
White..............Tomori....CENTRE BACK........Yalcouye
....................Groß.........Mac Allister.....Trossard............
..................Gyokeres.........Undav............Sima......................

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

Chelsea being in the Conference League makes this quite difficult! Came up with the same lineup as @hans kraay fan club basically.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Almost....

....................................Scherpen............................................

Chelsea being in the Conference League makes this quite difficult! Came up with the same lineup as @hans kraay fan club basically.
Imagine the goals!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Almost....

It's a shame that Leo Ostigard left Napoli, otherwise that's job done! Incredible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a shame that Leo Ostigard left Napoli, otherwise that's job done! Incredible.
If Napoli were in the Champions League, then we could just include Gilmour, as the 11th player.

Anyway, if I can be permitted to include the final QUALIFYING ROUND of the Champions League, then the team is complete:

White..............Tomori.....Balogun...........Yalcouye

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
How annoying that Mickey mouse teams like this with our 3rd reserves get to play in the bloody champions league.
Alternatively, what great exposure and experience for them on their pathway to our 1st XI, or to be sold on for a hefty profit.

Sima's champions league goal will do no harm at all (unless there's an option/obligation to buy already agreed of course - I lose track!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Napoli were in the Champions League, then we could just include Gilmour, as the 11th player.

Anyway, if I can be permitted to include the final QUALIFYING ROUND of the Champions League, then the team is complete:

White..............Tomori.....Balogun...........Yalcouye
It's this kind of dedication to the task that I admire, and I'm woefully lacking in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alternatively, what great exposure and experience for them on their pathway to our 1st XI, or to be sold on for a hefty profit.

Sima's champions league goal will do no harm at all (unless there's an option/obligation to buy already agreed of course - I lose track!)
It's difficult, isn't it?

This thread prompted me to go and check if Sima is still ours or not.

In the good old days, we didn't have to worry about which Champions League players were still on our books.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If you could do Europa League and Conference League as well I might just pick you as my career path manager.
I was listening to the Guardian Women's Football Weekly podcast this morning and there was a question sent in by a "Han Solo".

It wasn't you, surely? :ohmy:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I was listening to the Guardian Women's Football Weekly podcast this morning and there was a question sent in by a "Han Solo".

It wasn't you, surely? :ohmy:
Weird coincidence but nopes, not me. In my 35 years alive I've only spent 5 seconds calling myself "Han Solo". Unfortunately those seconds happened when I registered this account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here