Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From BBC

Rosenior named Brentford manager
Leroy Rosenior
Rosenior played for Fulham, QPR, West Ham and Bristol City
Brentford have appointed Leroy Rosenior as their new manager in succession to Martin Allen, who resigned last month.

Rosenior, who had been working as first team coach at Shrewsbury, left Torquay by mutual consent in February after nearly four years in charge.

"I am delighted to be here," he said. "This club has gone through some big changes and I'm determined to help them make the jump to the Championship."

Meanwhile coach Adrian Whitbread and physio Damien Doyle have left the club.

Brentford chairman Greg Dyke said he was delighted with the appointment.

"We had a long list of possibles and interviewed a number of them and we were unanimous in choosing Leroy," he said.

"We were impressed by his knowledge of the game, his enthusiasm for attractive football and his overall attitude.

"We were keen to appoint another young manager on his way up and asked several experienced people about Leroy and got nothing back but praise for a bright, young manager.

"With pre-season training only a few weeks away we were keen to appoint a replacement for Martin Allen quickly and are delighted that we have found such a high calibre manager."

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Werent we after him at the same time as McGhee?

Granted took Torquay up, but also took them down and then to the foot of the league

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is what happens when you go on holiday.
Where's Martin Allen gone?.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Allen is still jobless, but linked to Northampton, Tranmere and MK Dons

better than all of them, surely

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What, did they sack him?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Give him a job! I think that's the answer to the perennial "Who could do better than McGhee?" question.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Give him a job! I think that's the answer to the perennial "Who could do better than McGhee?" question.

If he's that good why's he still jobless??

Just how many teams has he got out of League 1 and how many seasons has he spent in the Championship?...no thanks, find someone better before you sack who we have please...or stick to supporting Spurs :lol:

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I would argue, but it's hard to take seriously someone who'd take McGhee over one of the brightest management prospects in the game. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
I would argue, but it's hard to take seriously someone who'd take McGhee over one of the brightest management prospects in the game. :)

That would be a fair enough comment...if the comment wasn't from someone who still backs Leon Knight;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Allen had an interview for the Tranmere job, but they don't seem to want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here