Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford's Ginger steward

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
A number of years ago I attended an Albion Game at Brentford, for most of the game our fans decided to sing songs about a fat ginger steward. It was probably one of the funniest games and sets of songs I have ever heard at a game.

Can anyone else remember this?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i remember this 2 may even have been the geoff thomas game?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
You're just a fat ginger tosser

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
cardboard said:
It was indeed the Geoff Thomas game and the only thing we had to cheer about all day

Was funny though
remember freeman getting plenty of sympathy as he went down the tunnel injured that day think he got more stick than thomas

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Bez said:
A number of years ago I attended an Albion Game at Brentford, for most of the game our fans decided to sing songs about a fat ginger steward. It was probably one of the funniest games and sets of songs I have ever heard at a game.

Can anyone else remember this?

Must have been around 1997 or so ... I was living in Feltham at the time.

I have to say it wasn't really bullying. The match was awful (2-0 to Brentford I think), and we all started looking for entertainment.

There was a steward straight in front who could, not unfairly, be described as rotund, and erring on the ginger side. When a few fans started chanting "ginger ginger give us a wave" he just stared angrily, refusing to even smile. The whole crowd then joined in - and he just continued looking angrily at us.

Inevitably the chants changed .... quickly....

to "have you ever pulled a bird?"

and memorably "have you ever seen your cock?"

Even the police were openly laughing about it - he could have completely avoided it all if he'd just smiled and given a little wave at the start.

I had a couple of mates with me who'd never been to a match before and still talk about it today.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
can't belive nobody noticed i kept calling him geoff thomas! i'v just realised it was glen thomas :eek:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yep remember that. I thought it was a bit cruel. He looked like he was about to cry.

The funniest one was the bee keeper game at Priestfield. What a waste of honey etc etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here