Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Where would you rather go next season, West London or West Bromwich?

Easy

I have to admit, I’ve had some good away days at West Brom over the years but deary me, what an absolute shithole the area round the ground is.

The first time I went I got there a little early, in dire need of a piss. There wasn’t an away friendly pub near the ground at the time and so I elected to go in one of those standalone public toilet buildings at the side of the road. Now, these are never nice places and I was fully prepared for a bit of unpleasant graffiti and those neon anti-smackhead lights. I was not, however, in anyway prepared for what greeted me.

The only way I can describe the scene is as a sea of human faeces. I’m not exaggerating, it was wall to wall with shìt, as if someone had started their project in one corner and tactically voided their bowels over time in order to complete their masterpiece. The stench, as you can imagine, was rancid. Put me right off the post-match curry I was planning on having.

Another time, I did make it to the pub. A real scuzzy little place not far from the ground. A team of police forensics were back and forth out of a small terraced house across the road. I asked the barman if he knew what was going on - apparently someone had been ‘chopped up’ with a machete. That wasn’t all, he pointed out. It was the second murder of the week, showing me another house a few doors down which had been recently petrol bombed.

On the way to the ground, me and my mates were chased by a group of lads armed with monkey wrenches. We were outnumbered and I’m not sure how well it would have ended had a police riot van not been passing by and intervened.

Just to be clear, this wasn’t the 70s - it was the late 90s / early 00s. Rough place. Nice balti pies though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I have to admit, I’ve had some good away days at West Brom over the years but deary me, what an absolute shithole the area round the ground is.

The first time I went I got there a little early, in dire need of a piss. There wasn’t an away friendly pub near the ground at the time and so I elected to go in one of those standalone public toilet buildings at the side of the road. Now, these are never nice places and I was fully prepared for a bit of unpleasant graffiti and those neon anti-smackhead lights. I was not, however, in anyway prepared for what greeted me.

The only way I can describe the scene is as a sea of human faeces. I’m not exaggerating, it was wall to wall with shìt, as if someone had started their project in one corner and tactically voided their bowels over time in order to complete their masterpiece. The stench, as you can imagine, was rancid. Put me right off the post-match curry I was planning on having.

Another time, I did make it to the pub. A real scuzzy little place not far from the ground. A team of police forensics were back and forth out of a small terraced house across the road. I asked the barman if he knew what was going on - apparently someone had been ‘chopped up’ with a machete. That wasn’t all, he pointed out. It was the second murder of the week, showing me another house a few doors down which had been recently petrol bombed.

On the way to the ground, me and my mates were chased by a group of lads armed with monkey wrenches. We were outnumbered and I’m not sure how well it would have ended had a police riot van not been passing by and intervened.

Just to be clear, this wasn’t the 70s - it was the late 90s / early 00s. Rough place. Nice balti pies though.

The balti pies are great :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching a bit of Stoke v Brentford on Sky just now, there was an example of the old injustices without VAR.

A stonewall pen should’ve been awarded to Brentford a moment ago, when their player was pulled back by his shirt.

Of course the Stoke player knew he could cheat and probably get away with it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watching a bit of Stoke v Brentford on Sky just now, there was an example of the old injustices without VAR.

A stonewall pen should’ve been awarded to Brentford a moment ago, when their player was pulled back by his shirt.

Of course the Stoke player knew he could cheat and probably get away with it.

Is that not better then the ref’s union injustices of VAR?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that not better then the ref’s union injustices of VAR?

Which is more damaging?

The pen would most likely have put Brentford in the lead and on their way to the PL.

Robbed of that the game takes a different course and Stoke take the lead.

Baggies must be loving these officials and the absence of VAR. This could be the seminal game of the season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Which is more damaging?

The pen would most likely have put Brentford in the lead and on their way to the PL.

Robbed of that the game takes a different course and Stoke take the lead.

Baggies must be loving these officials and the absence of VAR. This could be the seminal game of the season.

Yeah but VAR normally backs the ref so it would quite possibly still have not been given?

I’d suggest that would be even more galling

Anyway are Brentford going to choke now it’s in their own hands?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah but VAR normally backs the ref so it would quite possibly still have not been given?

I’d suggest that would be even more galling

Have you watched the incident, Sky just repeated it at HT?

It’s a shocker, they can’t believe that the linesman on that side missed it.

VAR don’t rubber stamp these, if you get a chance, have a look.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Will do!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brentford only have themselves to blame in this game, they’ve been very poor it looks like the pressure of no longer being the hunter and having it in their own hands is getting to them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Unbelievable they missed it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brentford really don’t look up for this game, which is strange.

Pressure does strange things which is what pisses me off that our performances were being questioned on here over the last few games

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brentford really don’t look up for this game, which is strange.

Pressure isn’t it, just shows you how important mentality is. Up until now they’ve been chasing and winning every game, all of a sudden they are in control of their own destiny and play like rubbish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was some corner

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here